•Hearts Of Fire•

There was a keenness in the atmosphere as Shadehaven high was preparing itself for the annual charity fashion show, " In The Eye of The Beholder" , the charity event had become a tradition through the year, with the help of local businesses, mainly The Hernandez family, it was easy to convert a simple idea to a fundraising occurrence. Through the years, the Shadehavens had been helping the homeless, the orphans, and the animals. They were the spark of hope, the flash of light for many people. Skylar was going through the last details, the benefit dinner, the music, the attendants, the lights, the dresses, and boosting the student-models confidence. Of course, you must be wondering why the most popular girls and the hottest people aren't participating in the show. Let me tell you the reason. They had given way to the others to shine, to feel beautiful, to impress their crushes, and to be in the spotlight.

Selfless, isn't it?

The show has started and the students were handling it very well, Who knew the nobodies can be that good? Heidi thought to herself taking a seat next to Lydia who was texting Adrian all the time. "The together people, how lame", She whispered.

On the other hand, Sky and Liraz were together, watching the show. Sky's eyes were wandering around the place looking for her boyfriend's face, but he was nowhere to be found. She couldn't care less, after what she saw, it scared her. He scared her. She had been seeing those anger attacks for the last days of Dean's life, she wasn't ready to relive her past. Not today. Not ever.

-" Formal. Black suit, black tie. Is it that hard to understand?" Liraz sighed

-" I don't think so, why?" Sky asked, looking at her. Liraz rose her finger to point at someone wearing a casual shirt. Looking closely, he was wearing a hoodie. A black hoodie.

-" At least he respected the color" Liraz rolled her eyes

-" That.. That's him, Li" Sky stuttered. " That's the man, that's Dean!" she said, her voice cracking by the end of her sentence.

-" Sky, are we still milking that?" she said, giving up

-" I'll show you!" Sky yelled, dragging her friend towards the man through the throngs of students. " Hey!" she said agressivly turning the man to face her. She stood there, not moving. In complete shock as if she had seen a ghost from the past. Liraz took a step forward, intimidating the man in front of her.

-" Listen to me. It's a formal party. You are going to take off that hoodie or I'll make sure, in person, that the rest of your senior yell will be hell itself. Clear?" the poor man nodded swiftly. " In fact, never wear that hoodie again, and I guarantee you, that the sweet dorky girl you have been staring at the whole time" she pointed at a ginger. " Will go on a date with you, Deal?"

-" Understood. Thank you Liraz. So much. You're the best" he said excited like a little puppy

-" Now, move" she said watching him walking away. " There's no such thing as Dean anymore" Her friend only looked down.

Everything went smoothly, the checks were dropping like rain, and Sky knew this year, they would collect more money than ever. She knew that, seen that she was the one in charge. She was proud. The music started going from classic and relaxing to thunderous and left-field. The old people started retreating one by one, leaving only the high schoolers under their teachers supervision. The young people pushed the tables to the walls, clearing the way for a dance floor. The noise was enough for Heidi to jump off the window. Normally, the blond girl would be the first person to jump to the dance floor, hands up in the air, moving at the beat instead of defending her personal space. But today wasn't one of those days, she was sad, angry and down. She left her friends and got out, she needed fresh air, she needed to be far away from Jedikiah, and she needed to drop all the weight off her shoulder. So she leaves or the parking lot, and drives. Just drives.