•Graceful Mornings•

As Lydia slowly woke up to the natural alarm clock of cotton trees softly rustling , she realized life can't get much better than this. She rolled out of bed in no hurry, though. She had the habit of waking up so early, even before the alarm rings. The smoky smell on her clothes reminded her of the late night of storytelling and laughter. She and the girls stayed at her house for a while. Even though she was worried about Sky, she didn't mind having a good time. She never got enough of Heidi's adventurous hook ups or Liraz' jokes about her father and his superficial slutty-because-she-can girlfriend. She tied up her honey brown hair in messy bun, and went down stairs. Her parents were already there, the table was all set up, and her favourite pie was on the plate.

-" Good morning sweet heart" Her father said. " You look beautiful today"

- "She always looks beautiful Logan, not only today" her mom added with a warm smile

She kissed both her parents and sat on the table. They started talking about how beautiful the day was, and Tess -her mother- teased her father about this day being the perfect time for a special parents vacation. If you were to describe Lydia's family, you'd say one word: Perfect. She was the only child, her parents sacrificed most of their time to make her happy, she never had trouble with them. She wasn't as wild as the other girls, she was following orders perfectly, she was reserved, grouded, selfless and caring. And that's what everyone loved about her.

After finishing her breakfat, she excused herself, and went to her room to get ready. She walked up to her closet room. She wasn't the girl to wear heels, apply red lipstick and smoky eyes. She didn't like perfection, in fact, she never thought about being perfect. And that's what made her special. In a town full of Barbies and picture-perfect models like Shadehaven –where flaws aren't okay among the teenagers of the high school– being different was something Lydia loved. She finally took  the car keys, and checked her phone, one last time

"Sending a warm kiss your way, missing you more than ever. Good morning Sweetheart."

 It was Adrian.

Her boyfriend of two years. They rarely saw each other, but the love she has for him gets stronger everyday. Since the day they met, she only had eyes for him. He was all a girl can ask for. He had the popularity, the brain, the love and even the blessing of her parents. She met him in the summer, when she was spending vacation on a cruise. It was like one of those things that would happen once in a life time. She found love in the depth of the sea. But when she thought it was the end, he took her hand and promised it will last, and after two years, he still kept his promise. She smiled at the thought of him, sitting next to the pool, playing with the kids. She wouldn't have it any other way. 

-" Honey, Sky is here!" The chirpy voice of her mother brought her back to the real world, she hid her phone in her bag and left her room.

- "On my way" 

The ride to school seemed to be taking longer than usual since Sky didn't say a word.  The lines in her face showed the worry on her mind, suffering everyday as though it were happening again. Her face looked slim, without a trace of make up with an almost ghostly pallor. The life in her eyes had faded since yesterday, the dark circles beneath them showied her obvious lack of sleep. 

-" I like your make up. What brand is that?" Lydia decided to break the silence by throwing a joke that Sky didn't laugh at. She just shrugged

-" Insomnia 2.0" 

-" I should try that some time." Her lips curled up to form a dashing smile to which Sky responded to." So, what's wrong?" She dared to ask.

- "Nothing sweetie. Why would you ask that?"