•Unspoken Promises•

# Dedicated to @NeverForget143 for being the sweetest and most beautiful human being. Go check her book, Who I Am. You will totally love it. Also, I can't stop thanking @Lisa_JM28 for the great trailer on the side. She's the best. 

#Mayhem Laurent on the side, played by Steven R. McQueen

It was a cold December day, the streets were empty and no living soul was to be seen. People were hiding in coffee shops, libraries or home. School had been over a couple of days now. The smell of Christmas was in the air. The heat had completely escaped Shadehaven and the warm bodies. The sky was cloudy and grey and it was sure the rain will soon wash away and purify the streets of the town.

This was a day Lydia won’t soon forget. It was the day she had first experienced heartbreak. Adrian was his name, he had the body of a god and the smile of  a child. Curling up in her bed, her eyes fell on a picture of Adrian and her. She was smiling widely at the camera while his eyes were on her. Only her. She threw the frame picture against the wall just to hear her heart shatter and fall to pieces.

She felt cold, so cold; like life had been taken away from her body. No matter how hard she tried, she had been crying his memory away. When Adrian was here, she never worried about the cold, because he always kept her warm, even when far away, she always felt his warmth, his love. Now it was all gone. Two years came crumbling down right before her eyes. And there was nothing she could do to change that.  Hearing the door cracking open behind her, she covered her face with the sheets.

-“ Garcia, I told you to stay out of my room” She moaned with sadness, tears falling uncontrollably on her burning cheeks.

-“ Lydie..” A voice whispered

-“ Go away” she said, taking off the sheets and throwing a pillow at him. “ Please, Killian, go..” she begged. Deep inside, she wanted him to stay, but she hated the look on his face. Pity, sadness, compassion. It made her feel pathetic, and she didn’t want him to see her like this. Bringing the heel of her hands to cover her eyes, she whispered one last time “ Go..”.  Kicking his shoes off, he disappeared in her wardrobe room to come back with a warm sweater  in his hand. Sitting next to her, he helped her put it on, the way you would dress a little baby. Breathing heavily, she wiped the tears away. “ You skipped school” she stated. “ You shouldn’t have. You hate skipping school” she shrugged. “ I feel sick”

-“ If you don’t get sick, you’ll never get well” he got under the sheets, taking her in his arms. “ Don’t worry about school, I’ll get you your assignment.”

-“ It hurts Killian, it hurts a lot” she cried out, unable to hold back her tears

-“ I know” he sighed. “But I’m here. You don’t have to go through this alone. I won’t let you fall. We’ll go through this together. You were here when I needed you, and I’m here now. I’ll do whatever it takes. I’ll buy as many chocolate bars as you need, I’ll bring ice cream every day, I’ll even watch The Notebook, The fault in our Stars, Titanic, anything you want. Whatever it takes, okay?” he said, resting his chin on her head as she nodded.

The worst day of  loving someone was the day you see them suffer. And here she was, broken and helpless, in his arms, seeking comfort  in him. She was too near, still too far. And no matter what, he didn’t blame Adrian. He only blamed himself. If only he had the courage to tell her how he truly felt about her that summer, she wouldn’t be here, mourning her love for another man, and he wouldn’t be here trying to un-break her heart.

-“ Did it hurt this much?” she asked, resting her head on his chest,  hearing every unspoken word he hid with every beat of his heart. “ Did it hurt this much when Heidi broke your heart?”