•Black Rose•

' I saw you in the garden, I wanted you so much, I really thought that you were different, oh, I couldn't get enough. I tried to save you from yourself, I felt every high and low. But the lows have drowned the highs away now there's nowhere else to go. Black rose your thorns are cutting into me for the last time. Black rose I watched your petals wilt away I couldn't bring you back to life. You never tell me how you feel and your moods - they always change. I really tried to make it real but you never had the faith. I tried to give you something good to take the pain away. I tried to make you understand - you don't have to be this way. I'm not the one who hurt you.So why are you so scared? All that you've been put through couldn't be repaired. You'll need someone to turn to and I will not be there. Only through the pain I could find a way to learn. So wilt away couldn't bring you back to life..'

Skylar sat on her bed, facing her purple dresser. Her eyes were fixing a dried rose on a vase. It was pressed, seen that she kept it two years in a book. Until one day, she grabbed it, and put it in a vase. It was the day she saw those blue eyes.

It was a black rose.

Dean gave it to her on their first anniversary. She never understood why he chose a black rose instead of a teddy bear or a road trip as he always promised. It all became clear the day his friend told her he died in a car crash. Black has always been one and the same with death and mourning. Color of sadness and farewell. It symbolized grief, loss and mortality. It is usually sent by a loved one on a journey from which he didn't expect to return. And Dean never came back. She spent months paying visits to Mr. De Lapierre, Dean's father, before he passed away. When she wasn't at his place, she was in the Gleann anbháis cemetery. Standing at Dean's grave. Telling him how much she missed him, how much her life is meaningless. Sometimes, she even told him about her day, asked him how he was doing, and promised she'll visit him soon before excusing herself.

She was haunted by shadowing trouble, the sudden, deep pain in her heart was too much, she felt like her whole world had come crashing down on her, and she collapsed to her knees sobbing in her distress.

But with the help of her friends and her strength back, she became the person she was, the person he once loved.

-" Miss Blanchard. Your friends are here to see you" the housekeeper said in a weird accent. " Do I let them in?"

-" Of course Herminia" sky muttered

After seconds, the girls were invading her room.

-" Tyler was looking for you"

-" Yeah, I got his texts"

-" Did you reply?"

-" Nop" she shrugged

-" Why?" Lydia asked, with sad eyes

-" Why did you skip school after you went to the Feed?"

-" Why didn't you tell us?"

-" Is this interrogation over?" she rolled her eyes. " I only skipped last period. Big deal"

-" That was creative writing!" Heidi half-yelled

-" So?" Sky wondered

-" You love that class!" Heidi complained, more disturbed of how much her friends loves that class than the fact that she skipped it

-" I was exhausted after all the work I had to do at The Feed" she lied

-" Yeah right" Liraz spat

-" What was that?" Sky asked

-" I said, yeah right. Wanna hear it again?" she provoked Sky

-" You better shut it, Li" she forced a smile, but Liraz seemed more serious tha ever