•Lucky Ones•

#Dedicated to @TheCuteAsian because I can't wait for her book, Miss Sarcasm.

# Please, make sure to read every note I write.

#In this chapter, Sky will be called Émilie, because there's another character in Floor 68 whose name is Sky, so just to avoid the confusion, my Sky will go by Émilie. 

#Picture on the side: Amethyst, Mystery, Ivy, Sky, Carolina, and Adrianna.

#Song for this chapter: Stay by Hurts . Make sure to listen to it, if you haven't already.

#On the side, a trailer I made for fun. Don't judge, I'm just starting to learn. The quotes used in the video are from The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen.

                                                             ***

        The music was still playing gently  in the background when Killian walked towards the thriving group , pulsating with energy. Everyone was there. Happiness is hard to define and so are the happiest people. Despite the pain hidden deep down, at this exact moment, they all looked blissful, like a burst of joy pouring down like rain.  Duke was now walking towards the group of friends. He stood next to Émilie, smiling lightly. He looked different now, like he had witnessed a miracle. She whispered something in his ear before a chuckle escaped his lips. Mayhem was standing next to a beautiful girl. She absently twirled her golden hair in her slim fingers, flashes of her maroon nail polish showing through the silky strands of gold; Carolina was her name. She had a positive attitude and stars in her eyes. She raised her eyebrows and covered her face laughing every time Mayhem made fun of Chace who was more than ready to crack a hilarious joke back. Liraz was interlocking fingers with Ace while  speaking to Arkady. Ace was participating in their conversation until they started speaking Russian, only then he decided to let them bond. Just like Liraz, Arkady Malachai was Hebrew-Russian.  He was like the nostalgic song that could unlock a thousand memories. Unlike her usual self, Liraz was smiling and giggling at something he said, something only the two of them understood. In so many years, Arkady was the closest thing she got to her roots, and strangely, she felt home.

        His eyes darted somewhere else –repeatedly– before they fell on Liraz again.

        Ivy Hart was sitting cross-legged, her carefully manicured fingernails resting on her bare skin. Her hair was in tight ringlets, clashing beautifully with her deep blue eyes. It gave her a rare, tropical look, despite the white color of her skin. She looked up at the weight of his piercing look, but only long enough for him to decipher the mischief in her smile before she dismissed his presence and looked back at the man next to her.  He was trouble.  He looked older, and Arkady thought it must be one of Thunder’s friends. He looked like  Satan in Kiton suit. With a razorblade smirk on his lips, a venomous look in his eyes, he carried himself with a devil-may-care attitude. Words seemed to fall effortlessly from his pierced lips, and the tattoos on his skin spread all over his body, they even reached his head, only to stop at his ears. Arkady frowned, disliking the tattooed man.

        Sady Matthews made her way back to them, putting her hand gracefully around Chace’s upper arm. There was something that shone brighter in her. Was it her smile, or the oxblood ring on her finger? Killian couldn’t tell but one thing he knew for sure: Sady was to adore.

        When Chace ran his fingers through her hair it felt as though he was touching some of the finest silken fabric ever woven. It seemed  to flow over his fingers like water, and he found himself wanting to bury his face in her hair, as if to hide from the world and all the problems it holds. Killian smiled heartedly, followed by Heidi, who seemed to love Stonecrest Lake more than herself.