•Easy On the eye, never on the heart•

When the lights are on again, and the masks are dropped, Lydia takes off her mask, still waiting for the young man to say something. He didn’t. He kept his mask, and kept calm.

-“ Killian, why aren’t you answering me” She asks, confused. She turns to look to her right, and can’t believe what she saw. She was actually looking at Killian, the real Killian. “ Oh, my god, you’re not him!”she said, taking a step back. “ Who are you? You better forget what I said, it’s nonsense, it’s nothing, do not say a word about this” He took his hands out of his pockets, raises his hands as a sign or surrender. And leaves the party. He had a scar on the palm of his hand, not a large one, but Lydia was able to see it. She sighed as he left. She swore she would find the man with the scarred palm and make him keep his mouth shut at any cost. She wanted no one to know about the confession, about whatever she said to Killian, or thought she said, and she couldn’t risk her relationship with             Adrian. Adrian, he needed to be here, with Killian here, and him away, things weren’t easy for Lydia. She needed him more than ever. You love Adrian, you love Adrian.

                                               ***

The party was coming to an end. Everyone had already left, there were only few people in the Blackburn’s place.

Lydia was in the hall, sipping a drink, trying to look as calm as she could. She saw that Heidi was coming down stairs with a guy she had never seen before in Shadehaven, not even in high school. He looked kind of old. Liraz and the Geek were looking cozy and warm. Sky and Tyler were in the backyard doing god what, they just got to the house and Lydia was stupid, almost confessing to the wrong person.

-“ This is not fair!” she exclaims. The young people turn their heads to give her an curious look .  “ I was the one having a good feeling about this night, but at the end of the day here you are, all of you surrounded by gorgeous boys and I am here, sipping a  stinking drink and eating the poisoned apples. I ate all of them by the way.” She complained in all her cuteness. The girls smile at her. Looking at each other, being all happy.

-“ The man you love is miles away, what do you think!” Heidi said

-“ Easy on our little Lydia.”

-“ Care to introduce?” Liraz said, raising her eyebrow at Heidi

-“  Oh, I am completely sorry.  I am Jed. I am new in town.”

-“ An accent. HE HAS A BRITISH ACCENT. Dear God, I'm dying” Lydia cried out

-“ It's always the accent that drives you American women crazy. I'd no idea you fancied it, too…” he said

- “Oh, fancied it. Say more like that,” Lydia begged, smiling.

- “Like what, sweetheart?”

- “Talk British to me,” Said Lydia, only half joking.

- “Dustbins.”

- “More,” She encouraged.

- “Crumpets.”

- “More!” She  demanded.

- “Knickers.”

-  “Say What I want is a proper cup ‘o coffee, Made in a proper copper coffee pot. I may be off my dot!” she cried.

- “Oh, come on now,” he chided.

-  “Say it!”

-  “Fine. What I want is a proper cup ‘o coffee, Made in a proper copper coffee pot. I may be off my dot. Bloody hell,” he muttered.