•A Promise To The Dead•

He was leaning against the door frame, blocking her way, hands crossed, making his muscles tense and the veins appeare all over his arms

-" If it isn't Mr. Arrogance" Hands on her hips, she spat the words like venom. Sky was a fun person to be around, she liked teasing people and laughing all the time, but there was something so familiar about this boy that made her feel uneasy. It wasn't his good looks, or his intense gaze. It was something deeper than that, something she couldn't decode. And as she made a promise to herself, she wasn't going to break it, and he wasn't going to ruin it.

- " Outch!" Putting his hand on his heart, he faked a sad face. " Mr. Arrogant and Mr. know-it-all? That hurt my feelings." Unlike his sad face, his voice was full of amusement and playfullness. 

-" You're in my way. Move" Her voice dripped with authority and power. And just like he predicted, Sky was a typical posh girl. Just a closer look, and he knew that her nose is in the air,  fifteen shopping bags from the mall are in her hands, two-hundred pairs of shoes and a snotty name such as Skylar Émilie Blanchard. 

- " Do you think I'll let you go that easily?" he said with a soft voice

- " Do these lines work on girls, usually?" 

- " Indeed" He replied, walking beside her to the cafeteria

- "Lame." She added, with a fake smile

- " I'm Tyler by the way" he said with a friendly smile

- " And I'm not interested." She spat, with the most innocent-looking smile. And Tyler almost believed her true smile. Almost. She pushed past him,  walking towards a table where three girls were already sitting, having lunch. She put her handbag carefully, and sat next to Heidi. She always sat next to Heidi, while Lydia was facing her, adjacent to Liraz. They never switched places. It was their unspoken agreement. 

- " Someone had been busy while I was warming up to Hot Stuff"

- " Heidi, please don't call him that. His name is Aiden, okay?" Sky chuckled, shaking her head in disbelief. Heidi was always good at nicknames. She never called boys by their names, it was always, Hot stuff, Stew –short for Stupid–, Casanova, Huggy bear and so on.

-" I know. It's just that if I call him that, he'll have a name, then he'll be a person not a fling , and feelings, and deep coversations, and I'll end up falling for him and breaking his heart. So let's save him the trouble of heartbreak and stick with Hot stuff. I'll need him in my bed, not on my phone contacts" 

- " You and your boys!  Endless." Liraz complained, ruffling her hair. An untamed flaming red mane surrounded her ivory face like a halo born straight from the heart of hell itself. Sky always loved how Liraz always looked like a fire flame, her hair seemed to burn  the sun whenever she walked. 

-" Those muscles, and those baby blues. He's the perfect Mr. Blackburn!" Heidi sighed dramatically and let herself fade into a state of dreaming, thinking of the football players.

-"Stupid teachers!" Lydia spat as she dropped her lunch tray down on the table with a loud clank. "I had been trapped in the chemistry lab all morning, done all I had been told, the experiment was working so perfectly but no! I turned around for a second and my lab partner jacket was on fire! And I had to be blamed! I am telling you, I hate teachers. I just want to drain Mrs. Vega out of blood, cut her to tiny pieces and dump it in a snake hole!" She groaned loudly before taking a seat. Liraz choked on her sandwich and quickly took a sip before glaring at Lydia's worried face.

-" Lydia!" The three girls cried out in choir, pushing their food away with disgust.

-"Do you have to say things like that when we're having lunch, Lydia?"