Can't Sleep

The clock kept ticking on. The time was currently 4:33, and Cole couldn't sleep. He laid in his bed with his arms crossed behind his head. Cole was getting more bored by the second. He would've went on his phone but it was across the room from him. That, and he didn't want to bother with possible messages from random people on his phone. Cole huffed, humming a light tune under his breath. He wanted to sleep so bad, but something in him prevented from Cole achieving sleep. It made him ticked just thinking about it.

Cole sat up, bouncing a little on his mattress. A idea hit him. He threw his legs off the bed and made great caution with standing up. The floorboards barely creaked. Cole looked around quickly, looking at the other beds in the room. He started a slow creep towards one certain bed in the room. It didn't take much time to reach it.

He gazed over the figure in the bed, his hands resting on the very edge of the fellow ninja's bed. Ruffled hair, a face sprinkled with brown freckles, it was no doubting that it was Jay. Cole grinned a bit, staring at Jay for a minute before realizing that he was being a creep.

"Hey...dude..."

No response.

"Jay."

The only response this time was a little movement from Jay's arms turning under the bed. Cole narrowed his eyes and took it upon himself to flick Jay's forehead. Jay yipped, his hands flying up to cover his forehead.

"What was that for?!" Jay whined in a whisper, using his hands now to push against Cole's chest as he sat up. Cole snickered, his arms crossing.

"I need you to come to the kitchen with me. Important stuff."

"What's so important that it would be in the kitchen?"

"Something so important I can't tell you until you come with me to the kitchen."

Jay snorted and started to get off the bed. Cole helped him stand up, keeping a hand on the brunette boy's back. Jay's cheeks were beginning to flush with red but Cole didn't notice. It was too dark to see the new color on his cheeks anyway. They both began to leave the room, careful not to wake their sleeping teammates in the same room.

//

"This was what was so important?"

Cole poured cereal into the bowl, shaking the box a bit to get as much as he could out. He filled it up nearly to the brim and began to fill the other bowl next to it with the same amount of cereal.

"Yup."

Cole finished the cereal pouring and put the box away. He stepped over to the fridge and flung it open, reaching in and pulling out a gallon of milk. Cole proceeded to pour into both bowls. He slid one of them to Jay as he finished up.

"I couldn't sleep. Needed a cereal eatin' buddy."

Jay raised a eyebrow, sitting down into one of the creaky chairs. This wasn't like Cole.

"Really?"

"...Nah." Cole shrugged, walking his way over to Jay. Casually, Cole pecked Jay on his forehead, Jay's locks tickling his cheeks as he did so. "I just wanted to be with you."