Help and Care Part 2

(show!verse)
Part 2 of the same request
Jay go on a mission together and come across some enemies and Jay gets severely hurt while Cole only has a couple of bruises. Cole takes Jay back to the Bounty and tells the guys what happened. Then Cole takes care of Jay for a couple of days/weeks. He has to stay with Jay, so the others go on missions without the two. One day, Cole decides to tell Jay his feelings since they are alone and Jay confesses also. After Jay heals, the two tell the guys...'

---

"Can you go over that but...eight times more slower?"
Cole, disgruntled, heaved Jay's body in his arms again and sighed into the communicator that he could barely talk through.
"L..ook, Jay is in danger...I'm tak..ing him back to b-ase right now!" He babbled through the communication device. His heart was beating at the speed of light, his throat getting dryer and dryer by the second along with his jumpy heart.
"Did he electrocute himself again?"
"Can you take this seriously..y, Kai?!"
Cole shook his head and put pressure down on a small yellow button on the device. He had pressed the button that sent a emergency signal back to the ship, which in turn would show up on the radar on the ship and send off an alert. Cole could now put his focus back on his stamina. He looked over Jay's ruined body. Cuts and bruises remained on his body, darkening with each time Cole looked down. Cole was getting way too worried for his own good, shaking his head and panting like a dog.

"He's gonna be fine, Cole. You need to calm down. You need to calm down and stay positive. Jay is gonna be fine..."
He kept his voice audible in more of a calming method for himself. Talking to himself reassured him, though the sight of a bloody Jay Walker didn't help. Before anymore thoughts of the poor teammate dying in his own arms stirred back up, he heard the beeping of his communicator. Cole, still panting, skidded to a stop and bent down. He gently set Jay down, making the younger of the two whine out.
"Sorry brother..."
...Brother.
That term stung at his tongue right when he said it. It clung around his tongue and burned it mildly. Why did it hurt him to say that though? That's what Jay was to him...!
Right?
"Cole, Cole, do you read?!"
Cole tapped on the button to get into a connection to the voice. "I'm here, Nya."
"Okay, first of all, I have the bounty set to land at your current location. Stay there."
Cole nodded. "Understood."
"Now, can you look over Jay's injuries for me? Explain them to me."
He gulped. Cole sighed and bent down to Jay, slowly drawing a hand over Jay's arm. Sad. That's the only emotion he could feel that wasn't related to fear and anxiety. Sadness. And sadness overcame him when he had to look over Jay's body again. Cole hooked at Jay's ripped GI and looked back down his battered chest. Cole felt his face grow warm as he addressed each wound he could find.
"A few scratches near the...collar bone thingy...a gash on his neck...bunch of bruises on his chest and stomach...and that's just ONE area." Cole spoke out. He heard a sigh from the other end and Cole bit his lip. Man, did he feel guilty right about now.
"Keep going."
Cole felt near Jay's hair, pushing it back so he could see any bruises or scratches up there. Only a few. Nothing to worry about up there.
"Few bruises and cuts on his head."
"Got it. Are those the main sites of injury?"
Cole blinked. What was a...site of injury even?
"Sure?"
Another sigh through the com. "Right, right...any heavy bleeding?"
"Up near the neck. One or two on the chest." Replied Cole.
"Ok, now, you need to put pressure on those. You need to use pieces of cloth, try to use your GI."
Cole understood fully. He could do that...yeah! He could do that! Happy that he could finally start feel like he was helping out. The black ninja ripped off a part of his clothing from his side, a medium sized piece. Cole rubbed Jay's side before doing anything else, causing Jay to hum out quietly.
"Bud...listen to me...I'm gonna have to put some pressure on your...bloody stuff. Okay?"
Jay replied in a form of muddled together syllabus, obviously trying to say something but not getting it across quite well. His glazed over eyes slowly trailed over to meet with Cole's, breathing heavily. Cole stared into his eyes, huffing out a warm breath. He knew that Jay understood what he had to do. With a firm grip on the small piece of GI, he took Jay's GI and pulled the rip down so he could reach his chest with ease. Jay didn't react much once Cole set the tiny textile piece down on the bleeding wound, but once Cole started putting pressure on it, all hell seemed to break loose. Hoarse screams came from Jay's throat, echoing through Cole's head.
"I'm sorry buddy! You're doing great!" Cole called out, finishing on applying the pressure on the one wound. Jay didn't stop. Screaming was the only way he could handle it, let alone stay awake. Cole kept working on getting the rest covered up, ripping off more of his own uniform and putting it on the other wounds. Jay kept yelling out bloody murder, his arms flailing only a few times before his energy was completely spent. It took a few three minutes to get them all pressurized down on each deep wound, blood staining his black gloves. Jay was exhausted, his eyes closed and his breathing slow. The only thing that concerned Cole after the whole experience was blood dribbling down his lips. Cole felt even more guilty than before. He felt like he did something wrong, but Nya assured him that it was for the best and it was only a minor setback in the long process that was recovery.

Now all they had to do was wait.
---
Cole never left Jay's side for the duration of their wait. He had wiped the blood off of Jay's face with even more of his ripped clothing, Cole almost stripped of one sleeve from how much clothing he was trying to use. Jay hadn't waken up, which really stirred a uneasy feeling in Cole's stomach. But what made his stomach flurry with butterflies was the familiar sound of the Destiny's Bounty. He sighed. His hero.
The bounty took no time in descending, landing and knocking over some trees in the process as it did so. Cole watched them come down, a hand cupped over his eyes. He waved one hand to signal to them and his other hand was still on Jay's side. 
After a few minutes of the Destiny's Bounty anchoring from the sky, Nya came out onto the main deck and waved back over at Cole. Cole, a wide smile on his face, bent down and began to scoop Jay up. It made him sad to feel Jay's body as limp and ragdoll-ish as it was, but he was jolly in the sense that he was going to get Jay all better. Medical stuff worked wonders anyway. The older ninja got Jay up into a bridal position, gently moving Jay's head so it stayed on his chest.
"Hear that drumb-ba-ba-bumb? Try to breathe like that." Cole made light of the situation, rubbing the auburn hair. He got nothing in reply other than a groan.

---
"So...what happened to him?"
Everyone was standing outside of the room in a half circle, all except Jay and Nya. Cole leaned against the door, his eyes on the ceiling. Meanwhile, Zane was applying ice to one of the many bruises that were scattered about Cole's body. The black haired boy was as dirty as it got; covered in various objects from the outside and dirt. Kai plucked some leaves out of the black strands.
"This...huuge...skeleton dog thing just came out of nowhere on our way to the next village over. Went after both of us but...apparently the color blue stood out more to the...thing." Cole's bottom lip quivered, thinking back to that splatter that painted that sky with bright red. He wasn't about to cry though. Nobody had seen him cry yet and he wasn't about to let today be the first. The team around him seemed understanding, nodding and patting Cole on the shoulder.
"Hey, Cole."