Jay's Cooking

//AN: Show!verse. Didn't know how to end this one so mmmm i'll leave it up to your imagination//

"Aand there we go!" Jay spoke out loud, shutting the oven's door. He swiped his hands together and proudly looked down at the appliance.

"Cole's gonna love it...!" He whispered to himself excitedly. Jay bent down and peered through the window of the oven, looking at his creation with wide, sparkling eyes. He was finally cooking something! He was always a little scared about cooking because he had a fear that he would blow up the entire Destiny's Bounty, but Nya had motivated him enough to try his hand at baking.

"It looks sooo cool..." Jay awed, standing back up. When he straightened back out, he felt something warm start to snake around him. "Huh?"

Whatever it was didn't take too long in wrapping two arms around Jay's midsection. He craned his head ever so slightly.

"Hey BlueBell."

Jay smiled.

"Hii Cole." He purred, his head falling back gently onto Cole. Jay felt Cole's grip around him grow tighter and warmer, drawing him in even more.

"Nya told me you were doin' some cool stuff."

Jay nodded. "Yeah, I'm cooking something."

Cole's eyebrows shot up, astonished at what Jay just said to him. "You?! Cooking?!"

Jay laughed and nodded.

"Woww buddy..." Cole smiled, laying his chin down on Jay's shoulder. "Never thought I would hear that come out of Jay Walker. I'm proud of 'ya."

The blue ninja blushed warmly and smooched Cole on the cheek. "Thanks, Pebblebrain."

Cole couldn't help but to chuckle at the little nickname and snuggled his face into Jay's hair. "Whatcha makin?"

"It's a surrrrpriiiiise...!"

Cole slowly started to let go, wondering about what Jay was truly up to.

"What kind of surprise?"

"A surprise surprise."

"C'moooon...tell meeee..." Cole groaned. Jay shook his head.

"You're gonna have to wait! It needs to stay in there for like...a hour!" Jay whined back, ripping himself away from Cole and putting his hands on his hips. He shot a sassy look at Cole and held his chin up high.

"...Whaat?" Cole cried out. Jay shook his head and sighed.

"It's a surprise for you!" He whisper-yelled.

Cole blinked. He was pretty taken aback by that.

"...For me?"

"Yes, for you! Am I not yelling loud enough?!"

The Earth Ninja laughed and waved his hand down. "Alright, alright, I'll wait. But I need you to help me wait."

---

It was a good sixty minutes.

The whole sixty minutes was just Cole and Jay messing around; a little bit of hitting dummies, watching TV, listening to music with the same pair of earbuds, the usual. The two were lounging back on the couch, Jay huddled up in his partner's muscular arms, on the edge of sleep. What took him out of his fog was a loud, screaming beep from the kitchen. His mind unclogged immediately.

"The food!"

Jay quickly scrambled off the couch and out of Cole's arms. The black ninja got up as well, clearly in a hurry, and helped Jay straighten himself out. They both sprinted to the kitchen. Once arriving in the small kitchen space, Jay grabbed the oven's handle and slammed it open. A smog shot out from the inner workings of the oven, engulfing the two partners in a dark smoke cloud. They were both sent into a coughing fit, Jay stepping back a few steps.

"Ohh no!" Jay cried out, coughing as he walked over to the oven and turned it off. The smoke started to willow through out the kitchen, the density of the cloud slowly starting to diminish. Jay waved the smoke out of his way, grabbing oven mitts and slipping them on. He shoved his hands into the oven and pulled out his ruined creation.

"Oh...no, no no! Cole! I'm so sorry!"

Cole was busy still waving some of the smoke around him away. "W-what do you m-ean?"

The blue ninja sniffed, slamming the food onto the top of the stove. He turned over to Cole, the smoke just about all gone. "...It was a cake...made just for you."

He looked back down at his failed cake. It was still bubbling wildly and the batter was seeping out of the pan, splattered on the stovetop.

"And I couldn't even do that."

Jay didn't need to say anything more than that. Cole had tightly put his arms around Jay again, breathing in sharply. Jay gasped and almost choked on tears that threatened him.

"Don't say that. You can do anything, Jay..." Cole whispered into his partner's 'ear'. "Absolutely anything. You're amazing."