Help and Care Part 1

---

(show!verse)
Part 1 of a request made by: LovingFanfictionhq
'Cole and Jay go on a mission together and come across some enemies and Jay gets severely hurt while Cole only has a couple of bruises. Cole takes Jay back to the Bounty and tells the guys what happened. Then Cole takes care of Jay for a couple of days/weeks. He has to stay with Jay, so the others go on missions without the two. One day, Cole decides to tell Jay his feelings since they are alone and Jay confesses also. After Jay heals, the two tell the guys...'
(here's info on the enemy btw because probably nobody remembers this guy; 
http://legouniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Bone_Wolf)

"I cant believe Lloyd stuck me with you." complained the auburn ninja, pulling his scarf down. He surveyed around the area as he grunted in a form of a continued complaint. Lights from the sun ripped through the openings of the overgrown trees in the forest, leaves flurrying around from the green tops of each and every lively tree. Cole slapped the back of Jay's head, Jay whimpering loudly after the hit.

"Can't you just...like...put up with me for one minute?" Cole hissed, crossing his arms. Jay ran his hand through his hair on the back of his head, forcing a innocent-puppy dog look.
             "Maybe, if you didn't hit me all the time!" Jay whined out.

"I never hit you." replied Cole, pulling his scarf down as well.

"Oh yeah? Then explain yesterday!"

"That was a accident!"

"How do you hit me and call it a accident?"

"You ate my food!"

Jay didn't want to hear it. He put his hands up. "Yeah, uh, no. We're done with this."

"Whatever you sa-" Cole was about to respond when he froze still, a shutter sound emitting from the darkness that was the surrounding forest. His arm unfroze and threw itself in front of Jay, stopping him from walking any further.
"Did you hear that?"
Jay struggled Cole's arm off his chest with a huff. "No...?"
"It sounded like..." Cole eyed the surrounding trees, staring so intently that he would make out every wrinkle in the bark of each tree. "Someone or...something is here."
The freckled teen gulped. "Do you think it could be a squirrel?"
"Sounded way too loud to be just 'a squirrel'." Cole began to slowly creep forward, looking left to right constantly. Jay was nervous of course, but it helped him cope to mentally say to himself that Cole was just being a drama queen. Just...overreacting. Yeah. Cole was just overreacting to probably what was the most cutest fluffiest squirrel on the planet.
Cole kept at it slowly until he stumbled upon a singular tree that stood out in his eyes. He squinted, putting his shoulder out in front of him as he traveled up to the tree in defense. Once close enough, he put a hand against the bark, looking closely into the bark.
Three long scratches.
They winded down the bark in a staggering one foot in length, threatening to go off the tree and continue onto the forest floor. The black ninja's eyes widened and a shiver went down his spine.
Something was here.
Something was watching.

"Col-AH!"Cole quickly turned around, pulling his GI's scarf up over his mouth. He caught a glimpse of Jay tumbling out of the way of a big, white blur. The blur gained it's form back once it hit the ground, landing a few feet from Jay. Cole was shocked to see exactly what it was. It was a creature, standing at 6 feet easily on it's four legs. It was only made up of a skeleton, it's massive bones seemingly unclean and rotting. There were two eye holes in the skull that emminated a eye bleeding red. The skeletal creature had a physique of what they assumed to be a large dog or wolf. The two didn't want to stick around and find out for sure. They needed to escape.Cole thought quick and reached behind his back, pulling out his scythe. He went into a position to ready an attack on the bone canine, but it quickly jumped to the side, it's red eyes setting it's glare on Jay. Jay, on the other hand, wasn't as ready as Cole was. The electric ninja was still getting up from the roll he took a moment ago, up on his knee and almost standing.
"Jay! I think this guy wants to get a taste of you! Might wanna move!" Cole instructed loudly. The skeleton snarled in reply to Cole's comment, its back raising ever so slightly.
"Tell me somethin' I don't know!" Jay shrieked. Jay ducked down fast once he saw the bone canine pounce, claws glistening sharp and ready to tear through anything that stood in its way. It flew over Jay's head, screeching to a stop on the grass. It quickly whipped around and raised it's boney spine back up in the air. Jay scurried back on his bottom, panting.
Cole advanced forward, slamming the scythe's blade into the ground to separate the distance between the small Jay and the large creature.
"Hey dude! Over here!" Cole yelled out to the skeleton. He taunted the enemy with a raspberry, pulling his scythe out of the ground and throwing it over his shoulder. The skeleton snarled, pounding his 'paws' down in the dirt ground in anger. It's head bobbed up and down, his eyes glowing brighter. It bowed its head and ran forward, it's forehead acting as a ram. Cole was about to strike down on its incoming head, but it never got close enough. The skeleton creature took a quick turn and targeted Jay once again. Cole was shocked at the action, looking over his shoulder just in time to see the monster's head painfully slam right into Jay's frail body.
"Jay!"
Jay's grunt bellowed through the area as he flew backwards and hit his back against a tree. Mouth agape, the ninja dropped off the tree and landed down on his stomach, his body still in shock from being so forcefully hit. Cole, enraged by the enemy's actions, let out a yell and charged at the idling canine. It's red eyes glinted in the small ray of sun that set upon its skull, it's focus turned back on Cole. It didn't want to waste its energy on prey it didn't want to deal with but it wouldn't leave the monster to its own devices. The black ninja needed to get put in his place.
The monster growled deeply, turning around as quick as its body would allow it. It matched Cole's speed as it ran right up to the raging ninja, opening its maw when it reached feet away from him. Cole squinted.
A opening.
Cole reeled his weapon back, praying that what he was about to do wouldn't end in him getting eaten by this...'thing'.
Three feet...two feet...NOW!
Cole shoved the scythe forward, lodging the sharp blade right in between the roof of the skeleton's mouth and the bottom jaw. It felt like time slowed down for Cole. He felt dead just standing there, staring into the monster's eyes in a cold sweat. The eyes dulled in glow, the skeleton wailing out in pain. It's mouth threw its head in the air, still screaming through the weapon that remained stuck. Once he got control of his brain back, Cole perked up and took the distraction as time to assist Jay. He took off in a flash.

'Stupid Jay...he better be okay or I don't know what the heck I'm gonna do...'

Jay's condition wasn't terrible. He was conscious, which was a good thing in Cole's eyes. The black ninja wasn't one to go to about medical situations. He only knew about dancing, fighting, and really retro music, not stitching a wound.
"You doing okay bro?" Cole inquired, taking Jay's wrist and probing at it for a pulse. Jay nodded. Cole didn't believe him due to Jay's nonstop groaning and slight rolling so he wasn't laying right on his back.
"Don't sweat on it. I'm gonna get us home, okay? Just...uhh..." Cole frantically looked around, one close eye still on the panic-stricken skeleton wolf. He spotted a muddy stick on the ground and quickly picked it up. Cole dropped it into Jay's sweaty hand. "Play with that...keep your mind off your back."
Jay shot Cole a confused look. Cole nervously laughed and got back up, running off and back over to the skeleton that had popped out the foreign object from it's mouth. It was time to continue the fight.

---

A good five minutes later, the ninja rolled back and splayed out on the forest floor. The skeleton wolf roared and pinned down on him not a second later. It's teeth hovered over Cole's neck, making the young fighter shake in fear. He could vividly picture his throat being ripped out by this disgusting skeleton creature. All the blood flowing out of him...all the pain, all the torture of waiting for death...
But then he remembered...
Jay.
As Cole struggled, he remembered that Jay was counting on him. Jay was waiting for Cole to get out of this sticky situation without a single scratch.
To carry him home.
Cole growled, squeezing his eyes shut. He was going to get out of this. Alive.

With all the strength he could muster in his arms, he slammed his hands against the wolf's chest and sent it back, right off Cole's body. It yipped loudly, it's claws ripping through the ground as it bumped into a set of a couple trees. It's bony structure creaked as it regained itself. Once regained, its focus latched back onto the struggling blue ninja in the distance, no longer interested in Cole's antics. It's tail swished back and forth as it took off in what looked like ultra speed to both of them. It's two front teeth, the biggest ones in it's jaws, readied themselves to penetrate. It ran and ran, Jay scared out of his mind as it barreled towards him. He struggled, using all the strength he had left to prop himself up on the tree. Jay was about to spin around so the monster would get a face full of bark, but he was far too late.
Cole watched in horror as blood flew out into the air. The black and red dotted the sky as if they were stars in the daytime. The sound of the blood splattering across the ground was too much. The Earth Ninja hid his face down in the forest's dirt, throwing his arms over his head. The bone wolf looked rather pleased with itself as it watched it's prey struggle beneath him. It struck down a flexed open paw down on Jay's chest and let a hiss out of it's gaping mouth. Then it did something that would stick with Cole for a long time. Forever, even.
It laughed.
The damn thing laughed.
Cole didn't know if it was just the intensity of the moment, but he swore it echoed through the forest that day. Birds from the treetops flew off, bushes all around emptied of any creatures nearby, everything seemed to run at that ghoulish chuckle. The skeleton canine sniffed down at his catch. The stench of life emitted from the auburn even though he had the body of a chewed up dog toy. The bone creature snarled and dug his paw deeper into Jay's stomach, making Jay huff out loudly. Cole trembled as hard as his body allowed, close to tears as he listened to the squeezing down of his friend's body. Just when he thought he had failed in saving his buddy, the monster let out a yip, body getting smashed onto the ground by something even bigger. Cole could feel the vibrations beneath him, making him uncover his head and look up. The skeleton wolf was gone. The only thing left was a flurry of footprints on the ground. Ones that belonged the previous creature...and a bigger set of footprints.
"...Those are dragon...tracks..." Cole sighed out, shakily getting up on his knees. He looked around just to see Jay's mauled figure. Cole gasped, quickly scurrying up onto his feet. The earth ninja struggled over, his legs shaking from adrenaline as his eyes kept their sights on Jay. 
He was...more than not alright.
Cole took Jay's face and pushed it gently side to side to find lacerations dotted all over his cheeks. Cole then ripped down the blue and black GI to get a look at the damage done to his chest. Minimal damage...? Cole growled and slammed a fist onto the ground. He wasn't a doctor!
...But he did know who did know their fair-share in medical care.
Nya.