just chillin

//I wrote this on my bus ride this morning so its kinda short lmao//

He inhaled softly, letting it out smoothly not a moment later. Cole ran his hand through Jay's ruffled hair, listening to the partner's soft snores. The two were just talking the day away a moment ago, but one of them had gotten rather tired and took to the other as their bed. Jay was snugged right next to Cole, his head laid on the Earth Ninja's chest. Cole found this insanely cute. So cute, that he didn't dare to move Jay to bed. Well at least, not yet.

A clang came from off in the distance. Cole's eyes widened and he almost jumped, putting his hands around Jay's 'ears' snugly and quickly. Not a moment later, the Fire Ninja came into the main room, coughing up a storm. Cole groaned and tightened his hands around Jay's 'ears', successfully earning a noise out of the younger brunette.

"Ooh, man! When I watched Zane cook, it looked WAY easier!" Kai laughed quite loudly. He was about to go on with how he just blown up the kitchen when he saw Cole cradling Jay. Kai stopped in his tracks and he raised a eyebrow. In reply, Cole knitted his eyebrows and put a finger up to his mouth, making a shushing motion at Kai. Kai let out a gentle 'ohh' and nodded, his usual smile drawn across his face. Kai went up to the two, curiously looking over Jay.

"...He tired?" He whispered.

Cole rolled his eyes. "No, he's wide awake. What do you think?"

Kai chuckled a bit and put a hand on Jay's arm gently, patting it. "He's a good dude..." He then looked up at Cole. "I'm really glad you two told us about you guys."

The Earth Ninja was needlessly to say, taken aback by this statement. Both of them had just came out as a couple a week or so ago, and he didn't believe how accepting his team was about it. Though, he knew deep down that his team was the best thing to happen to his life, and very accepting in general.

Cole smiled and looked down at Jay. He resumed to let his hands run through the brown locks.

"Yeah...we were so nervous about it..." Cole admitted.

"I would be too, if we're being honest here." Kai nodded, taking a open seat right next to Cole, filling up the emptiness of the couch.

"I mean, like, it can't be a easy thing telling your friends that, let alone your secret ninja force team!"

Cole had a good chuckle at that. It was true; it wasn't easy in the slightest. Jay and Cole had planned the whole thing out for weeks on end; how they were going to come out to the guys. Despite all their planning and careful precautions, Cole was forced to reveal their secret relationship when Jay got hurt on a mission one day. He didn't like thinking back to that.

"I can really tell you guys are happy," Kai said extremely hushed. He put a hand on Cole's back and patted it before jumping off of the couch. "Now, if you excuse me, I have a kitchen fire to put out!"

With a smile, he was off speedily into another area of the house, leaving the two partners left on the couch. Cole shook his head, a smile still on his face. He lowered his head and gave Jay a small kiss on his cheek. Kai was right about one thing, they really were happy.