Tea Troubles

AN: This one is set in the show canon! :') also I don't know how tea fucking works so if I get something wrong I M soorry

///

Cole was having a field day at work. It was a pretty slow day in Wu's tea shop-Steeper Wisdom, so everyone was just doing their own thing until the demand for tea grew. In the back, Jay and Zane were watching the TV they had lumbered in the other day and Cole was working on something at the 'tea-making station'. Cole was taking random stuff off of random shelves, throwing them into a small metal bowl. He was sprinkling a little bit of something red and sparkly and throwing in this weird plant in one of Master Wu's 'don't touch' drawers. Cole added a few more things in before grabbing a whisk, commencing to beat the entire mix together. The sound of constant clanking metal got Zane's attention.

"Cole? Are you done with your experiment yet?" Zane asked, his head twitching to the side. Cole kept at the job of whisking, furiously nodding his head in reply to Zane's question. Zane was intrigued now. He got up out of his seat and started to walk over. He looked over Cole's shoulder as Cole mercilessly swished everything around in the bowl. Zane cringed a bit, feeling sorry for the bowl.

Cole finished his job and let the whisk sink into the bowl, it's handle sticking out.

"Whew!" He hollered, wiping sweat off his forehead. "I think I can skip the gym this week. That was a workout in itself."

Zane smiled and turned over to the mix his friend had created. He regretted that. The mix was a murky green with strange tints of purple, grains floating in what seemed to be disgusting smelling liquid. Zane's mechanical body twitched at the sight of this and he looked at Cole with a face of semi-disgust as well as concern.

"It looks...strange."

"Well of course it does," Cole shrugged, happily looking at his nearly finished product. "Now if you excuse me, I have to set this bad boy up."

With a skip in his step, he took the bowl and brought it over to the sink where a strainer sat. Zane shrugged and went back to the TV.

Cole poured the bowl out into the strainer and stood back, now putting the bowl to the side. Cole waited for all of the fluids to drain, lazily poking at his scar above his eye. He really needed to get it covered or something...there was a scar removal place in Ninjago City he remembered. He made a note to himself to check it out sometime. Cole dragged himself out of his thoughts and looked down into the strainer. He grinned, seeing that the only thing left was small grains. With a small cheer of success, he went over to one of the cabinets. He jumped up, grabbed a stack of teabags, and ran back over to his creation. Cole carefully picked up one handful of grains from the sink and shoved it into the small teabag. He bounced the filter bag a little before shutting it down tight.

"Ey, Zane. Need your help!" Cole called out to his robotic friend. Zane came back over, questionably eyeing him.

"What's the nature of your emergency?"

"I just need you to use your weird iron hand to close this tea bag." Cole said, holding it up to one of Zane's eyes. Zane nodded and shoved his hand away. He grabbed the teabag from Cole's hand and put it on the counter. Zane brought his arm back, letting his hand transform and click into something new. A heating iron was quickly in place of his hand. He brought the steaming iron down on the tip of the teabag and slowly sealed it shut with the immense heat. Cole watched giddily, his hands clasped together as he watched this unfold. Zane was done before Cole knew it, his hand turning back to normal.

"Thanks dude." Cole said, holding out a fist bump. Zane stared at his fist for a minute before looking Cole in the eyes.

"...Oh yeah. Right. I forgot you don't know what a fist bump is." Cole muttered, patting the robot's shoulder instead. Zane smiled and went back to sit with Jay. With excitement nearly bursting from his chest, Cole ran over to one of the cupboards and got a milky white mug, then ran over to the sink, turning the water on. He watched the water fill his cup with anticipation. It reached the correct amount in no time. Cole turned the water off and slammed the mug onto the countertop.