dont be mad at me

//quickie from a while ago,,based off the first ep of season 8//

"I'm tired of losing people in my life."
Jay kept walking. He was enraged. Even the word enraged didn't cover how upset he was. He stomped through the...whatever they were in. Cabin? Jay didn't know. He didn't care enough to fret upon it. Jay was about to shove the doors open when he felt a cold hand grab his arm. He snarled and glanced behind himself, seeing what he expected. Cole had a good grip on his arm, his casual expression plain on his face. Though, if Jay cared enough to look closer, he would've spotted the glimpse of worry that danced inside his eyes.
"There's nothing left here! I'm gonna keep moving-with or without you!" Jay growled towards his teammate, his hands beginning to tremble from the cold that blew through the cracks of the door. The breeze from outside rushed at Cole as well, adding to the tingling feeling in his spine. Emotions seemed to flurry between the two in those two silent seconds.
"...I don't...want to lose you."
Jay surely wasn't expecting that.
"...What?"
"I don't want to lose you!"
Jay squinted, his heart feeling as cold as steel. He...made Cole feel like this. He made the pain come back. He hurt him. The anger faded and trickled off his body, his eyebrows scrunching up in concern.
"I've already lost Mom...I've practically lost Dad..."
The blue ninja's face was as soft as could be, his eyes avoiding contact as they glued to the floor.
"...You're the family that I don't want to lose, Jay. I-"
"Love you."
Now they were staring at each other, defeating the attempts to avoid it in the first place. Breathing stopped, caught in the throat. Faces hot as fire in oncoming blinding blizzard. Hearts connected as one.
"I'm...sorry." Jay sighed, trying not to be too loud in apologizing. Cole nodded, not much emotion plastered on his face that wasn't one of deadpan. His hand slowly trailed across Jay's gloved knuckles.
"Let's just go home."
"Got it."