im very dedicated

//show!verse//
Jay needed to finish it. He was almost done and he wasn't just about to give up now. It was only one in the morning after all. It wasn't like he was going to stay up all night like had been doing for the past few days. With only a preciously small three hours of sleep under his belt today, he tried his best to keep at work. He squinted down at the bolt he was twisting in, digging in the screwdriver roughly. As his eyes went back to normal, he noticed the bags under his eyes. They suddenly felt more heavier than they were a minute ago. Jay sighed to himself.
"Not now. You need to finish this darn thing!" He hissed softly to himself, fixing the light on his table so it was closer to the medium sized invention. Jay nodded in satisfaction with the amount of lighting he was getting on the device and went back to work.
He fiddled with various areas on the small thing of machinery until his clock glared at him. The digital '2 : 3 4 A M' burnt into his eyes, making him shake his head.
"Nonono...I'm almost done...just one more installation..." Jay muttered, the feeling of exhaustion creeping over his arms and eyes. His eyes stung as he fought to kept them open, staring down at the iron and metal bits that stuck out of his boxy looking invention. He kept a tongue out in concentration, twisting in another bolt with his decorated screwdriver.
Before he could declare it almost done, he felt a presence behind him. He didn't bother to look once the person's hot breathing flowed over the hairs on his neck. Jay rolled his eyes and tried to go back to his work as he noticed the strong arms latching around him slowly. Then the feeling of a chin against his shoulder. Out of the corner of his eye he could spot a little bit of black hair.
"Cole..." Jay said sternly.
"Yeeesss?" Cole sleepily slurred, nuzzling his face deep into Jay's neck. Jay's heart skipped a beat, trying his absolute best to focus. He chipped off a part of the invention with a different tool.
"I'll be in bed in a little bit." Jay sighed, lurching forward a bit due to Cole weighing him down. His hands scuttled about the table, looking for a pair of tweezers to fix a pair of wires that were starting to pour out from one openings on the box.
"Noow." Cole demanded slowly, his arms squeezing under Jay's ribcage. Jay squealed as he almost his balance. He side stepped with Cole matching his footwork so he could stay connected to his lover.
"Can't you wait just half an hour? It's almost finished!" Sighed Jay angrily. Cole's head shifted in a 'no' motion, which Jay found incredibly frustrating. He rolled his eyes again and went back to his work. Jay found the tweezers and pinched them together to test their motion. Good. The lightning ninja dug the tweezers into the boxed machine, clenching the wires carefully. He shoved them back into where they popped out and kept the cluster down with the tweezers. Acting quick, Jay reached with his other hand to grab some sharp scrap metal and slapped it on over the wires, acting as a cover. It clicked in rather easily, no need for 'hot glue' or the such.
Then there was the new feeling on his body.
There were two identical pressures on the soft spots of his shoulders, becoming deep and then lighting up. Deepening, then lighting up. Deeping and lighting up. It was surprisingly soothing. He stopped what he was doing, tool still in hand, and looked back over his shoulder to meet Cole's eyes. Cole was looking pretty satisfied with what he was doing - giving Jay a half-asleep massage.
"Cole, it's not gonna work."
Cole happily hummed and kept on rubbing. His hands slowly wandered down to the shoulder blade. Jay jumped again, his nerves shocked by the sudden contact in his sensitive area that was his blades. Cole noticed the jump and chuckled deeply.
"Not cool dude! I just need to...wrench one more thing in..." Jay's hands went back on a adventure on the table for his wrench now, but his muscles that made his moves possible seem too turn into jelly. His arms dropped onto the table and slid off. The feeling of jelly slid out from his arms and down his entire body in a flood, a shock of sleep buzzing through him. He would've yelled at Cole to stop the funny business, but he couldn't find the strength to do it. It was like Cole was sucking the very life out of him.
"C-olee...smtop..." The fading Jay pleaded, losing his footing and leaning back on Cole's figure. Cole made no noise as his hands continued back up to his shoulders and gave a squeeze. Jay groaned quietly, his entire body falling against Cole. The Earth Ninja laughed and snuggled his head into Jay's neck for the second time of the neck. Jay, almost completely out, heard Cole humming very quietly. He was humming some weird tune that sounded like something you would during Christmas. The blue ninja yawed and fell asleep against Cole, his legs bending ever so slightly.
Successful, and certainly happy about it, Cole heaved Jay up. He slung him into a bridal position, making sure Jay's head was close to him and didn't bounce around too much as he began his walk back to their room. Cole gave a small kiss to Jay's head as his boyfriend snored away.
"Sorry hon. But we can finish it tomorrow." He said quietly, making his steps light down the hallway.