it all hurts

(show!verse)
(now ur gonna have to excuse me because I haven't seen Ninjago past season 2 so I'm gonna try,,my best and take some loopholes here)

"Cole comforting Jay after the events at the end of season 6"
Requested by dexsterpiece on tumblr

Jay felt like he could finally breathe...but at the same time, it felt like he was getting choked 24/7.
The blue ninja was walking about the village the ninja were taking downtime at, keeping his head low. He had his hands stuffed into his jacket's pockets, only glancing up from the ground every minute or so to make sure he didn't crash into anyone. He didn't want to make today any worse than it was. It was ordinary for him to think about the whole situation about the sky pirates and such, but he just couldn't stop thinking deep into it today. Nadakhan...Nya's death...he couldn't shake it out of his head. Even the faces of the sky pirate crew would flash in front of his eyes, clear as day. Jay felt like he was about to break. Then, he bumped into something, tumbling back and shaking his head.
"Oh man, sorry, I-I wasn't lookin-"
Once his eyes met Cole's, his heart stopped. The pale, ghostly ninja was standing tall, not moved one bit from the stumble. He looked rather shocked with his cheeks puffed up. Cole held a small piece of chocolate delicacy in his hand.
"Jhay?" Cole spat out crumbs, walking up closer to his friend as he took another bite.
Jay sighed. "That's my name. Don't wear it out."
Cole chewed through his bite of cake and smiled widely. "Whattya doin'?"
Jay blinked, looking back down at the ground. He felt a unnerving feeling start to bubble in his chest, taking over his heart and encasing it in a hardening ball of unbreakable nervousness. Sweat trailed down the side of his face, trying to conjure up a excuse to hide the fact that he was taking a walk to clear his mind. If he told Cole was what up he would never hear the end of it.
"Just...on my way to the...uh...noodle shop here," Jay shrugged, the fake smile he trained himself to show popping up as a expression on his face. "Heard it's...uh...pretty good."
Cole perked up, shoving the rest of the cake down his throat, letting out a happy noise and ran up to Jay's side, roughly patting him on the back. Jay, utterly surprised, twitched a bit at Cole's contact. He felt his face go hot. Red hot. A flurry of emotions ripped through his entire body, each limb supposedly feeling something different.
"I'll join ya! I'm still hungry after all," Cole spoke happily, his hand pushing Jay forward to walk along side with him. "I'm in the moodle for some noodles."
---
The blue ninja felt like he could barely walk. The memory of holding Nya was ramming through his brain, like it was making sure that he truly felt the pain of holding her stiff, lifeless body. It was like he could feel the material of her dress now even with his hands at his sides, stiff as her body once was. He was very aware that Cole was nearing the village's noodle shop and that Cole was thinking only about how good the noodles could possibly be. It was evident from the drool dripping from his lips. Jay was about to fling into a attack and he wanted nothing but to tell Cole and vent everything out to him, unraveling the clutch around his heart and emptying his bottle of emotions. Though...he didn't want to be a burden to Cole, let alone ruin his time. He looked so...happy.
I hope I can be that happy again.
And that was the straw that broke the camel's back.
It started with a choke and it evolved from there. Cole's mind flushed everything away that involved noodles and looked over at Jay. Jay was hunched over, spine shivering and his hands clamped over his mouth. Concern took over him.
"Jay? What's wrong?"
The quiet question made Jay choke again, shaking even more violently. Cole stared down at the doubled over Jay. He silently wondered what got to him, looking up and down the boy. His legs were shaking, as if he had been standing in the coldest lake for a hour straight. The ghostly ninja looked up from him and surveyed the area. Some people were staring, of course, wondering the same thing that plagued Cole's mind.
'What happened to him?'
Jay's legs buckled under him, making a few people around them gasp. Cole reacted instantly, catching the sobbing team mate in his arms. Jay didn't cease in his shouts and cries. Cole couldn't make any of the babbling out. He sighed shakily, heaving Jay up and slowly getting him over his shoulder so he could escape all the judging eyes.
---
Jay's crying seemed nonstop. His face was screwed up and contorted in several emotions. He was curled up on the familiar wooden floor, trying his best to hide his eyes as tears flowed out of him. Cole was on his knees right next to him, rubbing his transparent hand up and down his friend's forearm.
"You're okay Jay..." He cooed gently. Jay's mind was too full of sky pirate related events to actually pay attention to the word's coming out of Cole's mouth. Jay squeezed his eyes shut, his body still squeezed into a ball and trying to sink away from all the distress.
"Just let it out...you've probably kept this in for a long time...haven't you?"
Cole's voice finally broke through to him. Jay's hands slowly removed themselves off his eyes. Cole smiled at this. Jay nodded at Cole's concern.
"That's okay buddy. Can you sit up for me? You'll get sick if you keep laying on the floor like that...Dareth never cleans this place."
Jay sniffled, his tears beginning to cease. Cole took both of Jay's wrists and helped him up. Jay sat in crisscross, his trembling hands still being held out by Cole's soft hold."Good man." Cole muttered, rocking Jay's arms up and down in a silly manner.
It took a few minutes, but Jay and Cole finally got the crying under control. Now it was just a matter of getting Jay to spill the beans.
"Do you mind if I ask...if you're ready to talk about it?" Asked Cole quietly, trying to keep Jay as calm as possible.
"...Yeah."
---
Cole wiped the last tear from Jay's cheek as he went on about his experience. He surely left out some parts, some parts he couldn't talk about even if his life depended on it. He told Cole everything he could. Jay choked a saddened noise to the back of his throat, determined to gain control over his emotions again.
"That...that's a terrible thing to go through." Cole whispered, his thumb tracing down a dried line of tears. Jay sniffled and nodded slightly.
"But let me tell you this..." The black ninja fixed himself up, taking Jay's face into both of his hands and slowly touching his forehead to Jay's. "I'll...always be here for you. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can take me away from you."
Jay's eyes sparkled with surprise and delight. "Cole..."
"You're going to be okay. I'll protect you. Always."
The blue ninja sniffed, tears threatening to fall again, his body trembling. The ghost sighed and brought his head away from Jay's. He then wrapped his arms around Jay and dragged him closer, humming under his breath in a way that he thought could calm a person down. It worked, for Jay was breathing evenly and his muscles were finally relaxing from their stiffed state. He thought he would've fell asleep on Cole if it wasn't for the loud, annoying noise of beads hitting each other.
"Uhm...do you need something?"
Cole and Jay looked up from each other, meeting the laze gaze of Dareth. He had his hands on his hips and was looking rather disappointed in the two, waiting for a explanation of why they were both laying on his dojo's floor. The two young ninja blushed, embarrassed.