I finally found you

//movie!verse//
//prompt from tumblr. something bad happened to cole and jay finally finds him and tries to calm him down//

"No! Pl-lease...don't hurt me! Please!"

Jay was shocked. How could such a magnificent beast such as the Earth ninja be beaten down to such a shivering pulp? This man was the foundation of their team - their rock. Now the small family's rock was shattered into itty-bitty pieces. The now smaller looking teen was clearly bruised, beaten and tortured for some time. His hair was matted and greasy and tainted with small blotches of...something. Jay stood from a distance. He didn't want to push Cole even more over the line of sanity that the poor thing was already about to cross.

"Cole...listen to me...listen to my voice. Do I sound like I want to hurt you?"

Jay wasn't too good at helping other people when it came to situations like this. He was used to Cole only helping him, not the other way around. Slowly, the messed up brunette took small steps toward the huddled mass in the corner.

"Just please...stay away! I've had enough!" Shrieked Cole, trying to hide in his chest like he could if he tried hard enough. Jay was going to say something. His mouth opened barely and stayed like that until he couldn't find any words to say that would come out as comfort. He closed his mouth and kept coming closer.

"I said stay AWAY!" Cole shouted. The ground began to shake. It wasn't violent, but still enough to get Jay off balance. He let out a noise as he lost his footing, stomping in attempt to steady himself back standing. The dust that came out of the cracks on the concrete ground blew at Jay's face, causing him to squeal in displeasure. He waved it out of his face and looked back at Cole.

Cole was still a mess, maybe even worse. He was on the ground entirely now instead of being held up by the corner. His head was tucked in and his arms were tightly set over his neck, forcing his head down even more. His legs were brought up, his knees nearly making contact with his chin.

"Cole! You need to calm down! Those people are gone! They wont hurt you anymore!" Jay yelled with cupped hands around his mouth so he could get through to the panicking boy. There was no reply, only Cole keeping his position. Jay's eyebrows went down.

He would have to take a risk. He knew it.

With a breath as big as he could take, he stumbled forward, his arms slightly out to keep balance and to show submission to the scared teen. Cole didn't notice, his shoulders still bouncing and his head concealed in his own body mass. The ground shaking lessened, giving Jay a opening to get closer. The freckled one took it, rocketing forward and sliding onto his knees, taking great caution not to slam into Cole. Instead, he nearly perfectly came to a stop at Cole's side.

The ground rumbling stopped.

All that was left was the fast, shallow breathing of his team mate. Cole's head was released from his own grip, his wild, blank eyes staring out from the darkness. Those beady eyes then looked up into Jay's soft, lifelike ones. Jay showed affection with a gentle smile and a soft pitiful look. He snaked his hand very slowly onto Cole's own hand that had dropped once he made eye contact.

"You're okay now. I'm not going to hurt you. Nobody will ever hurt you as long as I'm here. Understand?"

Jay dipped his head down, his bouncy locks covering one of his eyes and he caressed Cole's hand, cooing him gently. Cole seemed to understand with the same terrified expression still worn on his face.

"I...I'm..." Cole sounded like he was going to cry. This scared Jay. He had never seen the rock solid heart be broken in such a way. Jay always knew that Cole was a big softie - scratch that - everyone knew that, but nobody thought they would see the day where Cole would be one inch away from a mental break down. The lightning ninja then thought of another way to help Cole get back to a stable state. He closed his eyes in concentration and dipped his head down even more so his chin was resting on the shaky hand of the black ninja.

"Just trust me."

After the soft coo, Jay let the tiniest of sparks race across Cole's rugged, damaged skin. Cole gasped half way before his voice found it's way stuck in his esophagus. His eyes seemed to blink to life, like a lamp turning on after being abandoned for years on end. Cole's eyes, once full of fear and dread, were now filled with appreciation and glee. They sparkled as eye contact remained between the two. Jay opened his eyes slowly, lovingly looking at Cole's face. He used his hand that he kept around Cole's hand to draw a invisible line across Cole's cheek.

"There he is...that's the Cole I want to see."

Jay wiped a blotch of old crusted blood off Cole's cheek, letting a gentle hum vibrate through the air. The humming battled Cole's wild breathing and won. Cole's breathing was back to a semi-normal pace, albeit still a bit fast, but Jay was happy with the progress.

"Jay..."

"Shh...it's ok. You don't have to talk. Just relax with me. I missed you a lot, you know." Jay sighed happily, touching his forehead to Cole's.

He was met with a suppressed hiccup and a surprise hug.