From The Sea 1? (OLD)

(Made on August 19th 2017. I may continue this?)
"What are we gonna do about Cole?"
The five masked ninjas stood around the shore of the beach, most of them sharing the same worried but disappointed face. None of them really had a idea yet on how to handle the situation. Nya sighed and looked out on the large body of water. It sparkled under the setting sun as the waves kept beating against the coast of the beach. Nya stared off as she played the events of today back in her head.
They were facing off with Garmadon's sea-creature inspired army. This time, they were against the octopus brigade, which really could've been played off as a joke by their costumes. The ninjas put up a good fight with them for about ten minutes. Though, that all changed when their brigade general pulled out some kind of weapon. It looked like a tall, golden staff with patches of grey and black speckling the original golden color. On the top of the staff was what looked like a medium sized ball of energy, angrily sparking as if it wanted to be set free off the staff. The general had let out a loud, maniacal laugh before pointing it forward, aiming at the currently occupied earth ninja. Just like that, she set out a beam of energy at Cole and he was 'transformed'.
Nya's thoughts were interrupted when she heard part of the sea breaking in a splash. Cole had popped his head out of the water, his wet hair smacking him against the face. He huffed and gently moved his hair out of his eyes. The ninjas all turned to the ocean.
"So...any plans yet? I'm not really fond of the ocean, y'know. There's so much nasty stuff down here."
"We're trying to think of something. But we'll get you out before night time for sure." Lloyd spoke up. Cole nodded and searched the faces of each of his team mates. They were all staring at him.
"...I know I'm handsome as heck, but you don't have to stare."
Jay's cheeks flushed a bit while the rest of them smiled and even chuckled before going back to each other for ideas.
"Ok, we need possible ideas now." Lloyd muttered, his hand rubbing against his forehead.
"We could...uh...have Zane freeze him in a block of ice until we get to the bounty! And I could unfreeze him when we have him in a safe place!" Kai pipped up, the smile on his face signaling that he was pretty serious about his idea. Zane seemed to wear a look of disturbance. Lloyd's eyebrows were arched. Was...was he serious? That was a terrible idea. Even Cole sunk down a little bit in the water.
"...Any more ideas?"
Jay watched Cole, trying to hatch a idea in the brain of his. Cole looked back at Jay, nearly pouting at him. He could tell Cole didn't enjoy any of this. He kept looking at his friend's wet, matted hair before something sparked in his head.
"Don't we still have that inflatable pool from April Fool's Day in storage?" Jay asked, looking back at Lloyd. Lloyd was taken aback by Jay's question, but eventually pondered upon this.
"I...I think we do. Why? This isn't really the time to be having fun in a po-"
"We could inflate it on the training deck, fill it with water, and put Cole in it! And we having running water on the ship so if he ever needs more, we got it covered!" Jay smiled, jumping with joy. The ninjas all looked at each other, all of them nodding.
"I think it would work."
"It's the best we could do."
Lloyd listened to everyone's input to the idea before looking at Cole. "Sound good?"
Cole moaned, but nodded. Jay smiled at him before getting closer to Cole. "It'll be ok! I'll keep you company if you want." He spoke, bending down so he could almost be eye-to-eye with the teen in the water. Cole looked away with another moan and descended deeper into the water, only his eyes and his hair showing. Jay giggled as he reached out and played with his hair, getting beads of water everywhere.
"Hey, hey! Hands off the merchandise there, lightnin'!" Cole growled, swatting Jay's hands away. Jay laughed yet again and played with his hair one more time before being hit away by Cole again.
"I'll alert Sensei then! He should have the Destiny Bounty here in a matter of minutes." Lloyd announced, rolling up his sleeve to activate the communicator to the ship. Everyone did their own small cheers and dismissed themselves from the team meeting, off to do their own thing. Kai and Nya went off to talk, Nya went to the shore a couple feet away from Cole to skip some stones, Lloyd had walked a couple steps back from his original position, talking to Sensei on his communicator, and Zane really just stood there, his static smile ever lasting. Jay, however, had stayed near Cole. He was sitting on the sand with his legs tucked in to his chest, making small sand drawings for his friend with a small wet stick he had dug out of the coastline.
"You have no drawing talent." Cole gruffly said, watching the owner of the stick maneuver it to make what looked like a picture in the ground. Jay puffed up one of his cheeks and continued to draw.
"What are you even drawing?"
Jay smiled. He was waiting for that question.
"It's you. And your weird tail."
Cole looked offended instantly. He grew closer to the shore and looked over the sand drawing. It was sure something...but it was hard to make out. It took him a few moments before he made out really weird looking hair, a misshapen oval with a grumpy face, and...the rest of him. The rest of the drawing was his regular top body of course...but the rest was a mermaid tail. A huge one. Cole's eyebrows furrowed down. He spun backwards and lifted his large grey and black tail out of the water. His dark scales glistened like the water as he slammed it onto the sand drawing, causing Jay to scurry backwards.
"Heey! Mean!"
Cole grumbled swears under his breath as he dragged his tail back into the water and went entirely under. Jay watched the bubbles on the surface pop before slowly standing up, wiping all the sand off his ninja outfit. "I thought it looked pretty good...I guess he didn't like it...that sucks." Jay said to himself, watching the water to see if his friend would pop back up, which he didn't. He must've upset him somehow.
--
It was nighttime now and Sensei still hadn't showed up for the team of ninjas yet. Lloyd sat on a rock, his chin resting on his hand. He didn't understand. Sensei said that he needed to 'pick something up' before actually coming to get them off the coastline. Lloyd had thought that he meant it would only be a couple more minutes of waiting, not hours. The whole team have been on the coastline for about two hours now, and they were getting rowdy. Kai demanded that they go back into the city and just leave Cole there for the night. Nya quickly had punched him on the shoulder and scolded him even thinking of such a idea.
A campfire was set up a few feet from the coastline for the night. Zane's sixth sense had alerted them that Sensei probably wouldn't be here until after midnight, much to everyone's dismay. Lloyd got off his rock and started to pick at the controlled flames with a stick that they found especially for the fire. Kai and Zane sat next to the fire, just staring at it with little conversation between them.
"Hey Zane, can you sense what Sensei thought was so important that he left us out in the cold to get?" Kai growled, moving his heel against the sand. Zane's blue eyes focused into the distance in silence. It took a moment before he talked again.
"I'm afraid not, Kai. But with memory from my data banks, I could safely assume he's getting a special tea. It could act as help for Cole to transform back to normal." Zane said, his hands joining together. Kai blinked. He didn't expect that answer. He shrunk down and stared at the fire again.
Jay, away from everyone else, was working on something big in the sand. His tongue stuck out of his mouth as he was hard at work with a even bigger stick than before.
"Gosh...I hope Cole appreciates this." Jay told himself as he did a few finishing touches, careful as could be to make sure he didn't step on anything he had just made. As if by cue, Cole made a splash in the water, popping his upper body out of the water.
Jay quickly turned around, almost dropping his stick.
"Hey Cole!"
"S'up dude. Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. Didn't mean to crush your dreams like that." Cole sighed, brushing his hair back with his hands. Jay smiled.
"No need to apologize...I should be the one to apologize."
Cole looked up in surprise at Jay. Before he could say 'no, I was the jerk' in a rebuttal, Jay stepped out of Cole's field of vision. "Take a looksi."
The black haired boy was confused for a split second. What was he supposed to look at? He looked down at the sand and his question was answered. In the sand, in huge carefully planned letters, read 'I'm Sorry!' with a small sad face in the corner of it all to truly show that Jay was sorry for upsetting Cole. The color of red bit at the sides of his cheeks and he smiled.
"You're such a nerd." He laughed at Jay, splashing the huge apology with a bit of water. Jay didn't mind it though. Jay laughed along with Cole, knowing that his apology was full heartedly accepted.
"Thank you for forgiving me!" Jay cheered.
"Eh, anytime..." Cole spoke before he remembered something he was going to mention to Jay. "Oh! Dude, I found something really cool that you could use. Wanna see it?"
That caught Jay's attention. He drew a bit closer to Cole again, bending down. "Like what?"
"Hang on, lemme get it. I wrapped it in some seaweed at the bottom so it wouldn't float away." Cole explained before he semi-majestically flipped backwards and submerged back into the water, making sure that he got a splash on Jay in the process.
--
Cole popped back out of the water, something in hand. Jay couldn't really make out what it was since it was covered in seaweed and a few weird looking urchins. Cole looked down at the treasure he had just brought from the bottom of the seafloor and was about to pick off the seaweed before noticing the eyes of the urchin's staring at him. Cole let out a screech and started hitting the object against the water, trying to free the object from the creepy looking sea-creatures.
"Cooole! Don't do that to the poor things!" Jay yelled out, running into the incredibly shallow water before the ocean. Cole ignored his team mate and kept bashing the urchins onto the water. Jay grunted and tried to reach over to Cole, but his arms were too short.
"Well, if you like them so much! You can have 'em!" He yelled out, throwing the seaweed covered object at Jay's chest. Jay let out a small 'umpf' when the thing hit, but he caught it with relative ease. Jay scanned over it with his eyes, seeing that one urchin was left on it, staring now at Jay. Jay smiled at the small black and brown urchin and carefully set his hand around the creature's spikes. He gently pulled it off the seaweed surrounding the gift of sorts, and jogged over to another area on the coast. Jay bent back down and set the little urchin down.
"Ok buddy! You be careful now! And look out for mermen. They're mean."
The urchin just stared before his body started to roll slowly back into the depths of the water. Jay felt pretty accomplished as he stood back up, putting his hands on his hips.
"And that's how you treat things nicely. You should be taking notes, Cole." He giggled, walking back over to the merman. Cole scoffed and crossed his arms.
"Just open what I gave you, will ya?!" Cole grumpily said, pointing at the seaweed covered 'thing' in Jay's other hand. Jay's eyebrows raised as he looked down at it. He moved it side to side, looking over it. It felt nasty to say the least. Like...really gross. It felt like wet putty.
"What is it?"
"Open it and find out, smarty."