hypnotism is one hell of a drug (1)

//show!verse//
It was simply mesmerizing.
The deep crimson red with one circle following the last, diminishing in size. It was truly a beautiful sight for anyone to see. The colors made you relax. They made you comfortable. So comfortable you would forget where you were. Forget who you are.
Cole didn't want to look away. The relaxation he felt was immense, as if someone took his muscles and twisted them loose. This feeling paired with the soothing rhythmic shake in the distance gave him the most comfort he's felt in a long time. He didn't want anything else in the world. He just wanted this color of red, these circles, the sound, and most of all, the feeling. Cole wanted to feel like this forever.
He heard voices intertwine with the rest of the stimulation around him. Cole couldn't focus on them, so he just nodded along with them. He felt his mouth moving on its own accord but he couldn't hear it. He was too focused.
Then a deep laugh. That was all he heard before the red that overtook him was replaced with black.
---
The black ninja woke up with a start. He found himself in his bed, all tucked in. Even with the addition of...a weird plush toy. Cole took it into his hands, looking it over. It seemed to be pretty used which gave Cole a idea who it belonged to.
Jay.
Cole felt a smile tug at his lips as he put it down. Then he looked down at himself, kicking off his blanket. He was taken out of his ninja GI in favor of long bagged pants and a white short sleeve. The teen hummed under his breath, throwing his hand through his hair and messing it up. He wondered how he got here. The only thing he remembered was fighting the pesky snakes. Maybe he hit his head? That was a option.
"Hey Cole, you awake?"
Lloyd.
"Yeah, come in buddy."
In came the short little twerp decked out in the green ninja garb. His blonde hair was all messed and bouncing as he moved up to Cole.
"Thank gosh you're awake! We were getting worried." He pouted. Lloyd's face showed honest concern. Cole chuckled lightly and rustled Lloyd's hair up even more.
"No need to get worried. It takes a lot to put the black ninja out of commission forever," Cole smiled. "But I hope you don't mind me asking...how long was I out for?"
"I think it's...almost nine o'clock right now...so just about five hours."
If Cole had water, he would've taken a spit take. Five hours?! He must've really gotten hit hard on the head to be out for that long!
"Man..." Cole shook his head, sighing. "That's a long time."
"Tell me about it! Jay was freaking out! He was literally running around like a madman!" Lloyd exclaimed, patting his hands down on the bed. Cole wasn't too surprised by that statement. Jay was always the one to worry about that kind of stuff, but it wasn't really like him to get that worried. Cole knew that when Jay would get worried, he would become just a tad bit more talkative, if that was even possible. He would ask things like 'do you think '___' will be ok?', 'do you think '___' made it?', 'you don't think that '___' is dead, do you?' and the such. Hearing Jay freak out even more than a few questions made Cole shift uncomfortably. He wanted to say that it was kinda...sweet.
As if by some cue, the door shot open again. Standing in the doorway was the man himself. Jay. He seemed to wear a look of surprise. The surprise then drained into a look of relief mixed with pure happiness.
"Cole! You're okay!" He screamed, dashing straight into the room. Jay took no time in ramming into Cole with a big bear hug, the embrace tight and full of love for the black ninja. Cole choked once Jay made contact, his legs kicking.
"Choking me!"
"Oh yeah. Sorry." Jay said as he retracted from Cole, locking his hands onto Cole's bedside. Lloyd rolled his eyes at Jay's form of affection.
"It's not like he was about to die." Lloyd mutters towards the blue ninja. Jay puffed his cheek up and crossed his arms.
"Hey! You never know with those snakes! One minute they're all fluffy cuddly with you and the next minute they've poisoned you!" Jay cried out. Lloyd flinched. He knew that feeling way too well. Betrayal.
"True..." Lloyd huffed. "Especially Skales. Super back stabby..."
Skales.
Cole's body went stiff, his muscles tightening to the point where nothing in his body could even twitch. His eyes stared right off into the distance before rolling back in his head. What replaced his deep black was a deep red. Swirls of black entered his eyes. The exact same eyes that he was entranced in earlier that day.
The black ninja thrashed outwards, growling. Shocked, Jay and Lloyd stumbled back as Cole tumbled onto the floor. His red eyes stayed wide open as he scuttled back up onto his two feet. He acted quick, running to the closet they kept in the room for emergencies.
"Oh no-"
Jay saw the gleam of the back up scythe from the closet as Cole whipped it out, full intention to draw blood with it. His face showed utter rage, rage that couldn't have been prompted whatsoever in such a small time frame. In horror, the two other males backed up towards the doorway to get out, their maniac friend shaking the weapon in his hand and stepping closer. With each step Lloyd or Jay made, Cole filled the space.
"Cole..."
Cole's face didn't flinch. It was stuck deadpan with eyebrows arched down in a angry sort of look.
"Cole stop it!"
Nothing.
Cole swiped his weapon, the blade seething with as much rage that the entranced Cole had in his heart. It just barely missed Jay and Lloyd, Jay having taken Lloyd into his arms and jumping back. Jay's eyes glittered with sadness and fear. He didn't waste any time getting out of there once he realized that Cole was beginning to pick up his pace.
"Put mee down!" Lloyd screeched out as Jay dragged him out of the room and down the hallway. Jay shook his head in response, saddened but determined to keep everyone safe.
The black ninja crashed through the doorway, scythe in hand. His swirling eyes scanned the hallway, left to right. Nobody. Then he took the dull side of his scythe and banged the door across the room open.
The brunette ninja, Kai, was in the middle of his nightly routine, brushing away at his set of teeth he proudly kept clean.
"Did Sensei Wu ever tell you how to kn-"
Kai had finally shifted over to see Cole standing in the doorway, red eyes and scythe. His mouth hung open, his toothbrush hanging out the corner. Some of the toothpaste dripped out from the side of his mouth as well, dumbfounded by the sudden intruder. Cole stared back, his face void of any emotion that wasn't some kind of boredom or rage. His eyes focused on Kai's toothbrush and he came up to him, freeing one of his hands to take it out of his mouth. Carefully, he tapped it on the side of the sink to free it of any of it's paste into the drain and neatly put it on the sink top. Cole then heaved his weapon back into both of his hands and zipped out of the room.
Kai was just left speechless, his brain trying to catch up with the situation.
---
"Do you know what happened to Co-"
"Shh!"
Jay slammed a hand over Lloyd's mouth, holding him close as they hid in a crawl space. Sure, there was enough room for Lloyd alone, but with Jay in here taking up a lot of the free space with his bigger body, it made it uncomfortable for both of them. They were both huddled in, Jay embracing Lloyd's small body tightly. He needed to protect the green ninja at any cost.
"He's hypnotized. I think the name 'Skales' set it off. Probably the one who hypnotized him." Jay sighed angrily, holding Lloyd just a little bit tighter. He was trying to be the adult here...but it just wasn't working. He needed comfort. He needed support.
And Cole was the one that usually gave it to him.
Then, a crash. Jay and Lloyd perked up at the sudden noise.
"Cole?! What in the heavens are you doing?!"
"Zane...!" Lloyd shouted in a whisper through Jay's hand. Outside of the crawlspace, Zane had confronted the maniac running ramped through the monastery. Cole stared holes into the robotic ninja, stiff as a board. Zane squinted as he waited for the usual dumb excuse Cole came up with for each time he was caught in the act. It never came. Zane stared right back at Cole, unblinking.
"...Cole?"
Cole stepped a foot forward, similar in fashion to how he crept closer to Jay and Lloyd earlier. A deep rumbling in his throat signified a growl as he stepped closer and closer to the white ninja.
"Stop fooling around this instant!" Zane commanded, authority strong in his voice. Though, Cole didn't back down. He kept at it, almost inches away from his brother. Zane braced himself as the hypnotized ninja got too close for comfort.
Back in the crawlspace, Jay was dead quiet, hands still clamped over Lloyd's mouth so he wouldn't give their spot away. They listened intently to the outside. A eerie silence filled the void between all of them.
CRASH