The Dance

Last night was our back to school dance and I got there early because I had to take pictures for the yearbook. My date came and we said hi but then I had to go take pictures, I found out later that he had left. We never even danced together, and when I said hi to him he just shrugged me off. I was a little disappointed, but then you came in. You hadn't figured on coming to the dance but you got bored so you came. We danced and held hands and acted like a couple again. It was so nice, I wish it could always be like that. I love dancing with you, the way you held my belt loops so I was right up against you... It was nice, but then you came up to a friend and said you had to leave, telling me to get ahold of you tomorrow. He went after you and I sat down and was disappointed.
             We didn't even get to take pictures together in the photobooth. I wish you would have told me why you left, but I'm going to call you later. It was so nice, just like Snowball. We slow danced to every slow song and a few fast ones. You taught me how to 2-step and I enjoyed it a lot. You kept grabbing for my hand when I'd let go, you'd lace your fingers in mine. You pulled me onto your lap a few times, I miss that. I miss us and I can't help but wonder if you think about us getting back together. I do a lot... I'm thinking about taking you to Prom this year but you said you probably wouldn't go because you were trying to get into a Rodeo instead. But just know, I will always love you and I enjoy beyond words the time we spend together like last night. 

~Unsaid Things to an ex~