Home Sweet Home.

We were all stressed as Ya Amrah kept yelling as they helped us pack. Nadia and Sandra were also there to say their goodbyes.

We had a lot of stuff, it was almost impossible to go back with half of it. Ammi was annoyed at how we become hoarders over the few years.

Later that day, our neighbors and other students kept trooping in and before we know it we were done packing. We had a small BBQ in our backyard. It wasn't hard to arrange as we had a supermarket few blocks away.

Ammi and Ya Amrah had the opportunity of meeting most of our friends. Goodbyes are not really my thing but in this case I would call it a good send off.

We all went to bed exhausted. It was one hell of a day.

"Home Sweet Home." I said out loud as we headed home from the airport. It was late at night. I stuck my head halfway out the window and closed my eyes as the cold air brushed my face and the scent of the July rain on dirt. I let out a deep sigh cause it really felt like home. The streets where almost empty. The lights where bright it was like passing through an isle.

The look on my face as we reached home. It seemed like forever. It hasn't changed much but it almost looks new to me.
I entered inside. The scent of turaren wuta. Oh my, everything seemed to be in place. I went straight up to my room only to discover nothing has changed. It was clean. I dropped everything on the the carpet and landed on the bed. "Oh how much I have missed you." It felt so good to be back home. I was so tired it didn't take time for me to swift into a deep peaceful sleep.

Mahmud

This was the third meeting I have been in today and honestly I have lost interest. A message came in from my Mamie asking if I could close from work early. I finally had an opportunity to get out of the meeting asking my assistant to send everything to my email and cancel everything for the day pretending to have something important.

I gave out a sigh of relief as I sat in the car. Mamie is actually right, I needed rest. I cant remember the last time I was free from work. I stopped for some yogurt on the way home.

I met Mamie in the kitchen with two of our maids. "What's going on?" I asked while leaning on the kitchen door.

"I didn't expect you back this early but I am glad you are back." she said looking so excited as the continued. "My baby is coming today and I promised to give her a treat." She snapped her fingers as she turned to her pots.

"Mamie you know what the doctor said, you need to rest." I tried not to let out the anger in me. Mamie can be stubborn at times especially when it comes to her health. What's so special about this little brat that Mamie shows her more love than even her own children. She is over pampered,Lord have mercy!  Everything she does irritate me.

Mamie interrupted my thoughts and it was then I realized I was cut off from the world. "She will be spending some time here until Amrah's wedding."

This time I couldn't hold my anger. "Whats all this Mamie? Let this girl be please." I said trying not to scream

"She is also your sister. It's been a long while since she stayed here and she is no longer the little Minali that runs around the house wrecking everything in her path. She has grown into a fine young lady."

She smiled placing her hand on my cheek like a little boy.

"I don't want you to be mean. Please be on your best behavior." She walked passed me to her room. I stood by the kitchen door as memories of Minal ran through my mind and how I hated having her around as a child.

I went to my room and took my bath. I changed into a comfortable grey shirt and blue jeans. I sat on the sofa pulling out my computer. "Ya Allah." It was work work work. I was reading the first email when I heard a hunk at the gate, I tried to go back to what I was doing but my mind wouldn't let me. I actually prayed she would change her mind and not come to this house. I am pissed off most of the days I don't need someone making it daily. I slammed the computer on the sofa and buried my face in my hands as I heard screams at the door. I know that was the end of the peace and quiet in this house.

Minal

I couldn't hold the excitement in as I ran to Anty Shattu. The house was looking very different. She had redecorated it and it was perfect. She had a beautiful place.

"Mamie your house is beautiful!!.I like every bit of it." I looked at her face and I knew my aunt. Comments like these make her blush.

"Oh dear it was nothing much. I just added a few things that's all." She said trying to sound modest.

I was excited to spend some time here in Kaduna with Mamie and my cousins and also I will get to see Nazeer when ever I want to.

"Mashaa Allah, something smells nice. " I said making Mamie laugh.

" My problem with you is you eat a lot but then it doesn't show. Where does it all go to?"

" Exactly!!".Amani chipped in and they all laughed.

I pouted a bit folding my arms. "Haba minalin Mamie, come and eat your food. Don't mind them."

I tried to refuse but then gave in. God knew I was hungry. I stood up as Mamie led me to the dinning area.

"Woooow Mamie..!!" I grew hungrier at the glimpse of Mamie 's table. There was Mamie's special Jollof rice, Chinese rice, Chicken casserole, Waina and Vegetable soup, Tuwan shinkafa and Egusi soup, Samosa, Shepherd's pie, Spaghetti and meat balls. "Yaay me!"  I shout out loud as I picked a samosa from the table.

"Mamie I think I should pray first. By Allah Mamie if I eat now I wont be able to pray." Everyone laughed as Mamie showed me my room. It was close to the monster's room. Mamie had it decorated in purple and nude and it was wonderful.

I quickly went into the bathroom to perform my ablution. Today's Isha was shorter than the usual.

I changed into a pink maxi dress and tied my hair with a purple scarf. I didn't bother to check the messages on my phone that came in while I was praying. I headed to the dinning area where everyone was already seated. It was after I took a seat that I realized where I sat. Opposite the beast of course. I scoffed in a hush tune and turned to Mamie who was asking what to serve.

He looked at me with disgust from time to time as he watched me eat almost everything on the table. I was so full I had to stop to catch my breath.

I went back to my room after a long conversation with Mamie. I picked up my phone and saw there where messages from Nazeer and a missed call. I called him back immediately, we talked for about an hour and then said our Goodnights.