Hearts As One

I stood in front of the house drowning in shame, "how could I have thought of anything after making such promises to my wife...what do I tell her, I cannot lie to her, what would she say, how will she react if I tell her" I thought to my self just incase she enquiries about my whereabouts.

I finally mustered the courage to enter the house parking the car in the garage, I walked to the front door placing my hand on the knob but then I stopped... "Should I tell her or just keep it to my self", I muttered under my breath " no I can't tell Herr...ya Allah I can't".

I opened the door checking the locks behind me, my heart skipped a couple of beats seeing her in the living room,

"Salam", I said in a shallow tune keeping my eyes away from hers,

I walked across the room sitting down close to her with both hands between my legs, thinking of where to start from.

"I..I'm...sorry" I stammered as I tried to explain myself,

"No...I am sorry" she interrupted placing her hand on my back.

I turned to look at her and our eyes met "I'm sorry" she muttered again embracing me in a tight hug.

"It just felt like i was rushing into another relationship with you, i know we are married but i am just getting to know you...getting to love you and i am so sorry if you misunderstood everything....just know that i love you....i really do and please dont be upset" she tried to explain herself as she played with her fingers,

"Its okay Habibty... Its not your fault" I cooed "no pressure " I added with a shallow smile.

I decided to keep everything to my self...not admitting it is not the same as lying I kept telling myself,

We talked for a while before going to bed even though I wasn't able to sleep that night as I kept hating myself for having to keep this huge secret.

All the while she kept staring at my missing buttons but it was hard to read her mind as her expression was unreadable...I had my fingers crossed hoping she only thinks positive of me.

Just as a fairy waves her wound it was all okay in the morning, we had breakfast as if nothing had happened the previous night and also spent the whole day packing our luggage in preparations for our travel.

I wasn't included in the travel but I had grown so addicted to my wife over the past few days...I can not have her miles away from me.

We left to the airport early in the morning the next day to Lagos before going to Italy, I thought I was going to have a very fun time with my wife so I will get to know her better but every time i plan something we get interrupted or something goes south...traveling with the entire family is really a terrible idea.

Minal this, minal that...the last time I kissed her was before we left the house to the airport and it seemed she was loving the attention she was getting, so typical of her.

A penthouse was already booked so we could all stay together, it had the most exquisite view ever...one could see nearly half of the city if I am not exaggerating.

"Just perfect" I sigh running wild in thoughts,

There were three rooms in the house so Amani and Nasreen agreed to share a room while Mamie had a whole room to herself, not that I am complaining about sharing a room with Minal, in fact I was more than delighted to.

Our bags where taken to the rooms and we all settled in for a nap after performing  our missed prayer.

Minal

I am so glad that everything is back to normal and I feel so lucky being around Mamie and my sisters, "oh Allah how much I missed them" I muttered to myself as I stood up to take a bath in Mamie's room.