Zara

This vacation was like nothing I have ever experienced, it was too good that I feared something would go wrong eventually and sometimes I ask myself if I really deserved all of Mahmud's love and affection, for not trusting him, I felt I had failed him but he never gave me the chance to properly apologize and even gets upset when I try to. I never knew this kind of love existed, not even what I felt for Nazeer could compare, I know now that it was a mare infatuation, I loved for the wrong reasons but for once in my love life everything felt right, I didn't have to beg for love and affection or convince myself of how true the love is.

I never have to pretend to be happy and I loved him even when I hate him for eating my last slice of cake or when he ruins my morning sleep all in the name of talking to the baby or even when he insists on naming the child after me...." too much of Manal is a good thing" as he would say when ever we argued about it.

If I could I would stop the hands of time, if only these few days would serve as eternity I would die a happy woman but even now I would keep the memories in the place I would find peace in difficult and dark days and pray that I am able to give him half of the happiness he has adorned my life with.

The days passed by in a hurry and in a Blink of an eye we were packing to come home,

" you are coming back with me to our house young lady! Forget all the formalities it has been empty for a while now but not anymore" he argued with a very serious face while I laughed inwardly.

"I can't...I really can't come with you,  what do you want Mamie to think... you know, she even suggested that I stay with her until after the baby is borrrr...." I tried to tease before bursting out with laughter, His expressions were indiscribable.

"Oucchhhh" I screamed moving away from him before he could pinch me again " it hurts" I whined laying down on the pile of clothes I was packing as if I was about to die any moment.

"Ooh my! I am so sorry....where does it hurt?...I am really sorry, you know I don't like it when you prank me like that, I was even thinking of relocating back to Mamie's house as well because I can't live without my hippo" he laughed.

"Wayyo Allah Mamie na! He just called me a hippoooo" I screamed squinting my eyes, "where is my phone? Mamie must hear this" I added

"Waooow" he snatched the phone from my hands " you didn't let me finish, you have never looked more beautiful in your entire life, in fact I don't mind you being pregnant all the time" he laughed kissing my forehead and the fool in me couldn't help but smile .

It isn't always perfect with mahmud, we fight over who gets the last piece of meat on the plate, when he wears his orange shirt that makes me want to puke, bringing grilled fish into the house or coming back late during the weekends but the best part of the whole fight is when we realize that we complete one another and we end up hurting ourselves because we cannot even stay mad at each other for a whole day.

************************************
Months Later.

Mahmud

I went back to sleep after praying subhi with my darling wife, without making sure the curtains where down as I was so engrossed in our little conversation while I put her to sleep.

I began to feel the soft rays of the early morning sun on my face as I opened my eyes slowly all I could think of was it waking up my wife as she hadn't gotten any sleep before Fagr. I got on my feet and tiptoed to the window the air was glazed by the enchanting scent of the rose garden which gave me a nice but challenging idea, I wanted to make breakfast for my wife but I didn't know how, imagine my guts.

I let the curtains down and walked slowly downstairs googling pancake recipes as I made my way to the kitchen, I wouldn't say it turned out bad but it was far from what i had expected,  I never knew they were this hard to make, the whole kitchen was covered in flour, most of the pancakes were burnt and the worse of it all I nearly set my apron on fire before Minal came to the rescue.