Money For Love

"Minal!..Minal!" I called out as I scoped her face with my hands, but there was no response. I called out again and then there was a slightly movement almost as if she was getting more comfortable so I sat back in my chair patiently.

Gently her milky eyes turned red started to flutter,

"Minal" I called placing her hand on my chest and then slowly her eyes were open, but away from mine,

She tried to sit up immediately but I stopped her kissing her soft hands thanking God she was awake.

"Are you alright?" I asked worriedly "Are you hurting?" I added stroking her head but the only answer I got were tears rolling down her cheek.

"Talk to me?" I requested but still nothing came out of her lips, so I gave her a little time to recover.

Mamie came in shortly after subhi, you could tell by the look in her eyes that she barely got any sleep, I stood up reaching for the basket she was carrying. Mamie fed Minal her favorite rice pudding before the doctors can in to check up on her.

We were discharged later in the day as we were assured that everything is alright. The long drive home was deafening as I was alone with Minal in the car, wondering what I have done wrong this time.

As soon as the car was at a park, the girls rushed to the car to help her in as Mamie directed she be taken to her room so she could observe her for a couple of days.

Mamie's room became a sort of common room, as everyone worked so hard taking care of Minal and keeping her happy.

I began to notice the way she would flinch each time her phone would ring or the way her mood changes after answering her phone calls and requested Amani to keep a close watch on all her phone calls and the callers.

Minal

Nazeer has been putting so much pressure on me that I leave Mahmud not to mention the threats that he will harm the people trying to keep me away from him. I have never known him to be so aggressive not once.

I tried telling Mahmud about it but somehow I couldn't, somewhere deep down I still had feelings buried deep for Nazeer although in these past few days I am beginning to see Mahmud in a different way, its like the Mahmud I know is gone now, only a sweet and innocent Mahmud is left. He treats me not less than a princess should be treated, and shows me love in his own way.

Suddenly my phone began to ring again and for the first time I was alone in the room, not since I got back from the hospital.

" Hello" I answered eagerly awaiting a response.

"Hello wifey" I heard Nazeer's voice." Do you think you can just block my number and get rid of me like that" he laughed

"You don't expect to just come back anytime and I will welcome you with open arms... It doesn't work that way" I managed to raise my voice a bit.

" I told you what happened, What the hell do you want to hear again" he shout angrily at me. I began to wonder if really I was talking to Nazeer or some impersonator.

" don't talk to me like that " I responded

" I am coming to see you today, wifey" he stated.

"You can't come here, besides I am married now please stay away from me" I warned,

"You are mine Minal, even in the eyes of the law" he said laughing so hard before hanging the call.

What did he mean by "even in the eyes of the law"? Oh Allah, I wanted him to come back so badly that I would have sleepless nights praying for his return and now that I he is back my whole life has been turned upside down... Papi was right, sometimes the things we wish for the most is not the best for us.