New Book

"Ammaaaa...Ammmah" I screamed waking up from another dream, I could still feel her warm hands in my hair.

I cried softly with a firm grip on my pillow as the events of the past played vividly on my mind, it felt like yesterday but how could I have failed to notice the signs, I had the time of my life while Ammah suffered in silence, maybe I was too Young to understand, maybe I was just careless but if she could come back to me, I would do better,

"I promise...I promise Ammah" I whispered while I cried out clutching my open scar.

Three years ago.

"Sabrina" Jamil called out from a distance as he chased after me,

"I ca...can't run any further! You...you win" he managed to say in between breaths as he bowed with his hand on his chest.

Hearing that I had won made me laugh out in victory laying on the grass to catch my breath.

Jamil sat next to me as we watched the swans in the lake, we named it our favorite spot and we would ditch school sometimes to go to the park. It was always less crowded at this time of the day, I closed my eyes as the cold morning breeze caressed my face and the sound of the wind as the birds chatter away.

"This is where I want to be" I whispered to jamil,

"Me too" he whispered back.

Jamil and I have been best friends since forever, my mother and his where friends, they would make us play together at first it felt like we were stuck but gradually we realised that we had more in common than we thought.

*************
A few lines from my new book BEING SABRI...I hope to get as many votes as possible.