Love At Last.

It's amazing how fast time passes especially when you don't do anything but eat, sleep and play with your phone all day, I didn't even know what day of the week it was until Nasreen showed up early in the morning,  well not that early but my kind of early, it was 10am waking up everyone who wasn't awake yet which I happened to fall Amongst them.

"It's 10am on a Saturday what could you possibly want from us" Amani whined dragging her feet as Nasreen barged in screaming "rise and shine honey boo boo" raising the curtains standing between my face and the early morning sun.

"Are you crazy or just high on oxygen?" I mumbled in a rusty voice,

"Close the curtains, the light is hurting my eyes " I added turning to the other side to rid my face of the light.

She jumped on the bed and began to tickle me which she knew I hated a lot " I am up....I am uppp" I screamed jumping out of bed annoyed and irritated.

I went into the bathroom brushed my teeth and plunged myself in a tub filled with lavender and rose petals,

"Ohh finally" I whispered it's been so long since I had a quite and relaxing bath allowing me to drown my fears as my body infused the scent of my bath contents.

I was in there for so long that people began to worry about me, I was anchored by thoughts of what was and what could have been until I had a loud sound coming from the door, who ever it was couldn't stop banging the door and I had an inkling of just whom that might be.

She couldn't wait until I opened the door completely to poke her head "what!" I shout dragging her by the arm to my dresser.

"Am I the only sane person left?...first it was Nasreen and now you...seriously! What could be so urgent?" I demanded for an explanation.

"Ohh God it's Ya Fu'ad, and he cannot see me looking like this and the closest place was your room" she said grabbing a towel from my drawer.

"You can't be serious" I chirped in amusement.

She went into the bathroom ignoring my last statement. She had a quick shower got dress in my black and lilac wrap dress, spraying on my best cologne so I played along helping her with her makeup.

I put on a pink and cream bubu dress following behind her to watch the rest of the show.

We met him in Abbah's living room as Abbah teased him while they exchanged pleasantries.

I sat down on the carpet greeting Abbah before turning to Fu'ad who was all lost staring at Amani,

" Ohh Yaya when did you arrive"? I said aloud to save him the embarrassment of being noticed by Abbah.

"A few minutes ago" he replied looking away.

Luckily Abbah had important meetings and had to leave immediately.

He moved closer to me giving me a side hug " how is my sister holding up " he asked with worry evident in his voice. Amani who got the hint that we needed some alone time stood up claiming to get us some refreshments.

"I'm okay" I replied plastering a crooked smile on my face.

" I was so worried I had to come see you..." he replied trying to read my emotions, "have you had the chance to talk with him?" He added still staring.

"Ehnn noo, what is there to talk about Yaya? Everything is just what it is" I replied as a tear escaped my eye which I quickly wiped.

" I am here now, everything will be okay" he added pulling me into a tight hug.

He changed the topic and we fell into a deep conversation until Nasreen pushed the door open.

She sat down on a chair next to mine with a very dramatic sigh