Signed,Sealed....

Minal

We arrived at Milan very late, I was so excited though a little exhausted because I couldn't even sleep the previous night, even though Ya Mahmud wanted to spoil the trip for me, he signed the letter very late but thank God he did I would have resigned or something but then I will need it for my NYSC certificate.

We Lodged at Hotel Spadari Al Duomo, beautiful and magnificent, Nasreen and I shared a room, we ordered some room service after a quick shower, honestly I just came here to have a good time with my family and explore the beautiful city while Mamie and Ammi decide on what to buy.

After our delicious Italian meal I crashed on the soft sheets, and a beautiful though crossed my mind, maybe we should come here for our honeymoon with Nazeer, it wouldn't be so bad, besides I don't mind coming here every year.

We have been out all day with our personal tour guide Mr Andrew, a very friendly and jovial man, I couldn't get enough of all the beautiful historical sites, not to mention the food, we returned home right before the sunset. After Isha we went for a little shopping at a store we found very close to the hotel, there was a lot to choose from with every designer trying to outshine the other, I finally settled for a pair of Chanel slippers, while Nasreen and Amani went for the heels and wedges.

Ammi, Mamie and Amrah were already shopping for the furniture and every every, they kept sending us pictures to pick from, it was beginning to annoy me so I picked up the phone to call Mamie, telling them to pick what ever they think Is beautiful, I was in no position to chose anything, I was indecisive and  I trust those women wholeheartedly, they've got taste.

I sat on the sofa facing the TV as I devoured a tub of ice cream, I still cannot believe I am actually going to get married, I have dreamt of it but I never thought it would be this soon, I am quite nervous, I don't know if I would be able to always make him happy or if I would make a good wife.

Before I knew it my little vacation in Milan was over,we were all set to leave , no regrets I loved very moment, I haven't felt this relaxed and carefree Since the introduction. A cab was already waiting for us outside the hotel, our luggage was taken out to the trunk, the site of all those boxes was screaming 'excess luggage '

The furniture will be arriving two weeks after coming back to Nigeria which would be exactly a month to the wedding ,everything was becoming more intense, stress was now the least of my problems, there was so much to do at the office I could barely afford a lunch break, sometimes I think Ya Mahmud does what he does intentionally, not to mention the little fights with Nazeer, over silly issues even though Amma said it was only normal. Amma was supposed to get married before me but for some reason it has been postponed for reasons we are yet to talk about.

I just can't wait for everything to be over, I feel like I would bust into tiny bits, a woman is being flown from Morocco for the spa and body treatment, I wonder why it was necessary after all he loves me just the way I am. Mamie and her ways of doing things is beyond me, I seriously do not want a wedding with so many events, just two would do, even at that I just wanted to wear the glamorous Cinderella dresses we got from Milan.

Days passed by in a blur, it was finally two weeks to the wedding, I had to travel back home, but my family took care of almost everything, I used to be a very good planner but when it came to my own wedding, I became indecisive about everything, I had no idea what I want or what I don't, I was pretty messed up, sometimes I ask myself if I really want to get married even though I love him so much, and I didn't want to lose him but sometimes I just wanted to be free of everything especially during the cold silent nights when I couldn't get any sleep which was very frequent.

The spa was going on beautifully, I loved my scent and the way my body feels, I felt like a little celebrity, I was given attention I didn't even need, in no time the house was chocking up with people, the entire family was there even Zarah was back for the summer, Aunty Jamila was arriving today from Maiduguri, she was quite optimistic about the whole wedding, she even wanted to have a wushe wushe which I am still not certain of but then my family are professionals when it comes to last minute issues.