Wedding Bells

It's amazing how in a very short period of time Nazeer has changed. He calls more than five times a day. He has been to Abuja three times since I got back. I am really glad I gave him another chance.

Just as I thought of him a call came in and it was Nazeer. I sat down on the carpet close to the box of shoes I was helping Ya Amrah pack.

"Hey." he spoke as his voice vibrated in my ear.

"Hey babie." I replied with a grin. I went on before he had the opportunity to speak again.

"I want to ask if maybe you would be my date to the wedding." I waited patiently hoping he was free to answer. The brief silence tortured me making my palms sweat.

"You need not ask princess." He said as he chuckled.

I was out of the world with happiness but I didn't want to inconvenience him. "Are you sure? because if you have anything doing I would totally understand." Deep down I really hoped he had nothing doing but I didn't want to be selfish so I had to ask.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. Besides I have to be there to shoo the vultures off my girl."

Nazeer made me feel special in ways no one understood. This time around even Papi got a hint. He has met Nazeer in the garden twice this week. They even had a short conversation the last time he came as Papi asked to see him before he left though Nazeer wouldn't tell me what the conversation was about.

Today happens to be Tuesday. Mamie and and her minions were coming from Kaduna. I was so excited to see them so I took my bath in a rush to meet the others downstairs.

They were all busy in their own way making arrangements. I was excited about the wedding but God knows I never wanted a full house. The thought of it gave me goose bumps and I could just imagine how terrible my toilet was going to be. I loved my space and I didn't want anyone in it.

"There you go." Ammi placed her hand on my shoulder putting up a cunning smile on her face.

"I want to let you know that your other cousin's are coming over and I would need you to accommodate some of them in your room."

"Kill me already." I murmured to myself,

"What was that?" Ammi asked sounding all serious.

"Nothing. Who do you want me to put up with?" I said rolling my eyes knowing whom she was talking about but I was really hoping her answer will be different.

"Nana and baby." Ammi giggled as she walked passed me to the living room. I screamed just as Amrah came out of her room.

"Drama Queen kawai." she huffed. "I am going to get my dresses. Are you coming or not? She asked as she swayed her arms in the air.

"Definitely."I smiled. Those things excited me and to top it all I couldn't believe my sweet sister was getting married. even though we fight alot it still didn't make me hate her.

The dresses were amazing. Even mine was and as the maid of honour I had to look the part. With that everything was set. We just had to wait for the big day.

We had been out for barely an hour and Ammi was already calling non stop. It had to be that the guests have started arriving so we rushed back home.

"Salamu Alaikum" Ya Amrah entered the parlour as I tailed behind.

"Good afternoon Aunty Jamila." We chorused as she glared at Amrah.

"Where are you coming from?" she asked turning to Ammi as she continued without waiting for an answer.