Eid Mubarak

Minal

As the days passed by,everything was getting intense. Ya Amrah's wedding was around the corner. The preparations drove everyone crazy. The wedding was only two weeks after Eid. The family always celebrates Eid in a grand manner. As we all went to our maternal grandmother in Gombe.

We had been busy all morning in the kitchen as Ammi was coming from Abuja today. I have missed her a lot I couldn't hold my excitement.

He walked into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. He looked a bit distracted but I wasn't in any position to talk to him about it. It was normal for Mahmud,sometimes he acts like a girl on her period.

Our relationship was awful, a cat and dog would have better chemistry than us. So I decided to not make it my business to ask him what was wrong as I continued to wrap the samosas with cling film.

"What's taking so long?" Mamie came into the kitchen yelling, it was typical Mamie especially when she had guests coming over.

"We are done here." I spoke as I walked out of the kitchen with the tray.

There was a hunk at the gate just before Asr prayer. I ran out of the room to the front door where Mamie herself was waiting in the living room. Nasreen opened the door, we rained hugs on Ammi, ya Amrah, ya Fu'ad and Na'eem.

It felt good having my family together. It was one of those best moments you would give anything to have. We prayed together and sat on the carpet to eat. I kept smiling like a lunatic as Ammi updated us on the wedding plan.

They were spending three days in Kaduna before we all travel to Gombe. It's been a while since I saw my grand mother (Umma). A brave and authoritative old woman but when it comes to her grand children there seemed to be no rules as she went extra miles to make us happy.

Days went by very fast. We were already leaving for Gombe today. It was a few minutes after six and the house was already noisy. I love to travel but nothing compared to my morning beauty sleep.

"Wake up!" ya Amrah came in banging the door. She did that whenever I was trying to get some extra sleep. It was really annoying. I couldn't wait until she got married and out of the house.

"I am up." I murmured in a deep sleepy voice pulling the blanket to shy away from the cold.

Ya Amrah came closer pulling the blanket away exposing my body to the cold morning breeze sending shivers down my spine. I had no other option than to get up and go to the bathroom to take my bath. Ya Amrah giggled as she left the room.

I had packed the previous night as Ammi instructed so I wouldn't forget a single thing. I got ready in my black abaya and came out with my luggage.

Mahmud

I came out of the room just about the same time as Minal. I didn't know if it was her abaya or something else but she looked amazing. The way she wrapped her veil, my heart skipped a bit as her eyelashes fluttered. The light from the corridor gave her brown eyes a light shade. I could swear I saw the stars in her eyes. Minal had really grown but it was the first time I had noticed.

"Mahmud help her with her luggage mana" Mamie's voice came through

"Mahmud help her with her luggage mana" Mamie's voice came through. I snapped as I felt a bit embarrassed at the way I was staring at Minal.I grabbed her luggage lowering my gaze and headed out the front door.

A couple of hours later we arrived at Gombe. As soon as we pulled over, I opened the door and ran into the house through the back door.

Ammi huffed at how I still act childish at my age. "She has the brain of a ten year old." Amrah chipped in.

I startled the old woman a bit. She chuckled as she pulled my cheeks and then into a tight hug. "Oh dear, I have missed you." I said tightening my grip.

"Let her go before you break her bones." Ammi said as they all walked into the room.

We caught up on lost times over Masa and vegetables soup. We did everything together it was wonderful. We left the room to give the elders space to talk. Everyone was bubbly except for the beast.

The thought of Nazeer crossed my mind, it had been two days now and I haven't gotten a single reply from him. I was starting to get a bit worried and I didn't know whom to call to ask about him. I was miserable.

We had just woken up after a deep sleep as everyone got to bed tired last night. It was past ten. Umma made sure we weren't disturbed. Her house helps did all the work around the house even breakfast was ready.

I got out of the bathroom and pulled a stool in front of the dressing mirror. I looked through the mirror as everyone had dressed up except for me. "New clothes" I said to myself. I have no clue why but they did excite me.

I got dressed in a black and purple lace and joined the others at the parlor. "You look beautiful." Mamie praised making me blush.

"We need to get them married." Umma spoke in a serious tone looking at all of us as she continued "There should be more than one wedding. We all know you can afford it." she said looking back at Mamie and then back to us with a pitiful look on her face.

Ammi laughed trying to shy away from the matter. Umma grew upset as she pulled the food warmer in front of her without another word.

"Eid Mubarak", I said trying to lighten the atmosphere a bit grinning from ear to ear which made everyone laugh.

A/N

Salamu alaikum,
This is a little Eid treat for my readers, may Allah shower his blessings upon us. Thanks for the support. Eid Mubarak 😍😘😘