Mine

Minal

Within a short period of time Amin and I became very good friends, he opened up to me about a lot of things including the reason he is reluctant on confronting Nasreen, all this while he was holding it in all in the name of status, how he came from a poor background, and he feels he cannot do that to her parents because the made him what he is today. Well non of what he said made sense to me, I have seen the way she herself looks at him, I don't believe there is anything like status or power that should keep that kind of love away, so these past few days I have become a mediator between those two and I was really getting sick of it, its either they step up or forget about it.

They liked each other a lot and I am glad I got to play my part, I have started daydreaming about weddings, babies and all the happiness they could share, the same dreams I had with Nazeer, I just can't believe how far this love had tested us, how much it hurts and destroys me inside, and I have no one to talk to about it cause everyone thinks I should forget about what is gone and Face my further with Mahmud, I just want someone to listen to how I feel and what it is I am going through.

Mahmud

I have been pacing to and fro in my living room for almost an hour trying to come up with a solution and also explain what is going on with me, I haven't really had a good night rest in a while since this issue started, I don't want to believed its jealousy because I don't even like her, what seems to amaze me is how she has totally forgotten about her so called boyfriend over Amin but she keeps rubbing him in my face, How is Amin better than I am, and besides she is married to me "meee", " mine". Everyone knows I hate losing my things.

Oh Ya Rabb, everything is just driving me crazy, what am I even saying.

The call for prayer came softly through the window, I opened my eyes slowly, I can't believe I slept off planing and plotting, God I can't even remember the last time I slept on the couch.

I prayed subhi with the entire family, stayed with Mamie for a while then got back to my room to take a shower and get ready for the office.

As usual I wanted to leave with out her but when I saw her standing next to the car with Nasreen giggling away, she looked beautiful, its like she dresses even better these days for work, she is a stylist in her own shell, and she knew exactly what would look extremely good, and how she was always wearing something nude, how it complements her skin, My God she looks amazing.

Minal

Minal

I haven't felt as happy as I do in a long time, seeing those two together gives me a lot of hope that someday my love and I would be together again and I was willing to wait for as long as it will take.

Today was no different, I met Amin in his office carrying the Banana pancakes Nasreen had prepared for him and teasing him about it, he was always early to work, one would think that he sleeps in the office, of course me delivering his packages from Nasreen came with a price, I got blueberry muffins on Tuesdays and cheese pizza on Thursdays.

Me being at work felt more like being at home, today was Tuesday and I have been dreaming about my yummy blueberry muffin, but I had to do some work first before lunch break and just on time there was a knock on the door.

"Come in please" I yelled from my chair

"Hey sister in-law, look what i brought" he replied swaying the box of muffins,

"My very charming brother in-law, always keeping his promise" I squealed

"Well for what you have done for me, I would give you the world if I could"

And just as he got to the end of his statement the door was banged open, Mahmud stood there looking like he was about to beat someone up, his hands were shaking, his tie was almost loose, for once I have never seen his tie loose.

"Why are you quiet?" He spoke with a shaky voice as he stared deep into Amin's eyes,

"What's wrong with you man?" Asked a confused and worried Amin

"How shameless can you be?, do you not have any shame at all, roaming around with someone else's wife, ...... Answer me Amin" he spoke hitting my desk and then making a fist,

"I don't understand, who are you talking about?" Amin tried to calm him down placing his hand on his shoulder,

"Don't touch me, don't you dare" Mahmud pulled away standing up from his chair and all this while I couldn't say a single word, I couldn't process what was going on around me,

"Who's wife are you talking about?" This time Amin's voice was a bit higher than usual,

"My wife Amin, mine, hasn't she told you" he yelled pointing at me, "yes Amin, Minal is mine, she is my wife" he added

"What are you saying" this was the first time I spoke since Mahmud came in,
"Nothing is going on between us, Amin is just a friend, there is nothing between us" I insisted

"Oh yeah? How do you explain everything happening between you two, I am not a fool, I wasn't told, I have seen with my eyes, he brings you lunch, you cook him breakfast, what is That suppose to mean"

I couldn't believe what was happening, what is Mahmud saying, why is he acting as if he and I are in some kind of sacred relationship

"this is nonsense Mahmud, there is nothing going on, Amin is in love with your sister and he always has been, but because they are so afraid of you they keep holding it back, well guess what, you don't scare me" I kept yelling as Amin silently walked out of the office,

"I know you don't want this marriage but before it is over, you learn to respect the institution, what would people think when they see you running around with other men,do you think I want to be in this marriage, I couldn't care less" he kept blabbing shamefully,

"The only person, cooking up stuff in his head is you Mahmud, can you please leave my office and take all your negativity with you" I walked towards the door to show it to him.

He stared at me for a while before leaving the office, I was so embarrassed, I felt so bad, it is my fault Amin got humiliated, I needed to apologize to him about everything and for the fact that I hid the truth about my marriage from him. I spent the rest of the day trying to make sense of what had gone down earlier.