Chapter 16

Cameron's POV

I am so glad that the doctor didn't realize that practically everybody in the room had alcohol in their system from about four hours ago. I barely got any sleep. Although I couldn't remember anything last night, I remember staying up late trying to devise a plan to win Kylie over. The first step would be to probably flirt a little bit. That way she had her own idea that I may like her. Then came the part of actually telling her that I liked her. But there was also a fear of rejection and misunderstanding. There was also Taylor in the way. She liked him. A lot. There wasn't a doubt about it in my mind. The way she looked at him. How she wasn't playing around when they were kissing. Plus, you could ship there name. Kaylor sounded good. You couldn't ship our name. Kameron? Cylie? Didn't work. If you said it how it was supposed to sound, it would just sound like one of our names.

I couldn't focus on that, though. It was a work day. Bart was also forcing me to design my own shirt. I was thinking of one that had my face on it because I haven't had one like that yet. Bart makes me design all the shirts. He told me,"Magcon will come to an end eventually, and you will need work experience, Cameron." So I had a Jack and Jack hoodie, Aaron Carpenter beanie, Carter Reynolds SnapBack, and my shirt to design. I got on my Mac and got on the program that Bart downloaded through my credit card, without my permission. He never liked spending a penny. That's also why I think Taylor won't be able to pay off the fine. He had saved up all his money just to pay the down payment for his Range Rover Sport. He still had to pay for his monthly payments and his parents were making him pay for all the Magcon expenses. He had a manager, but he wasn't on top of things like flights, and I'm pretty sure that he didn't have 12k just lying around. Nick might chip in, but not a lot. Nick didn't have a big income.

I had started working on a design. I decided to do something different. I didn't care if Bart got mad. He usually did if I did something other than what he wanted. I uploaded a bunch of pictures of our Püma faces. I cropped out the background and only included their heads. I had a face for everyone except Jacob and Mahogany, so I would get it at Magcon. I would do Willie, Sam, and Dillon, but they weren't officially in the family. That was according to our sales rep, but we considered them family. I decided to make the shirt yellow. I pasted all the faces and in a big font on the back, wrote "Püma". I logged off the computer.

It was 11:30. I was supposed to be downstairs an hour ago. I looked down to see what I was wearing. Nothing but boxers. I threw on a Hayes shirt, skinny jeans, and a Versace beanie. I grabbed my Vans and ran down to the convention room. I heard girls screaming and music.

"WE GON' PARTY BUCKWILD!" Dillon and Taylor were singing.

I tried to get through the back entrance, but it was locked. That meant I needed to go through the fans. I ran around to the front entrance. Luckily, there was one security guard left.

"BILL! Thank God! I need to get through the fans to get to the stage." I said.

"Alright. Just get ready, because this is gonna be hard for both of us." Bill said. He took ahold of my arm. "Okay, Cameron. 3...2...1!" He opened the door and ran me in.

Girls ran up and started screaming. They grabbed onto me and were yelling at me like crazy. Then, I felt my beanie fall off. I tried to go back for it, but I couldn't. Bill wouldn't let me. Then, I was thrown on stage.

"Where were you?" Nash asked.

"Working. He's overworking me, Nash. I can't do it much longer." I whispered to him, out of breath.

"One more event. Then we have an announcement from Chad. I don't know what it is, but he says it will change our lives. For the better." Nash whispered.