Chapter 44

[Best Mistake, Ariana Grande and Big Sean]

Cameron's POV

•••

I had to call Taylor. He had to get over here fast. He had to know what he had done and how damn much it would effect everyone.

After a few tries, he finally answered.

"Taylor?"

"What."

"Get your ass over to the hospital. Now." I told him.

"Alright." He hung up.

"Do you know if it's a boy or girl?" Kylie asked.

"Too early too tell." Dr. Wright said.

"We do know that the fetus is doing well and is up for abortion if you ever decide to change your mind." He said.

I looked at Kylie.

"No. Don't even offer that anymore. Don't every say the word. That will NEVER be an option for me." Kylie said.

"Of course. I apologize." He said.

Kylie nodded her head.

Taylor came in the room.

"Wassup?"

"Shut up and sit down. Dr. Wright, excuse us."

He walked out of the room.

"Do you remember the night if JCs party?" I asked.

"Vividly." He said with a dirty smirk on his face.

"Shut up. Did you use a condom?" I asked him, uncomfortably.

"I don't know." He shrugged.

"You bastard! YOU GOT HER PREGNANT!" I yelled at him.

"Well I'm not with her anymore. You two can take care of that." He said aggravated. He walked out of the room.

Kylie was crying. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her head.

"It's going to be okay." I whispered in her ear, rocking her back and forth gently.

"No it's not. None of my friends know. My parents don't know. They won't accept me. They might even kick me out!" Kylie said through violent tears.

"Look. Nash and I bought an apartment in California. If it's that big of a problem, you will be moving in with me."

"No! That's on the other side of the country. That's going from New Jersey to California."

"We don't have to decide now. You still don't know what will happen."

"Cam... I-I don't know." She said, shaking her head. "Would we even work?"

"Yes! Of course. Don't ask that. I'm taking care of you, babe. Let's get out of here. I can take you out for lunch?" I offered.

"Can't. Flight leaves at three. Need to go back to the hotel and get packed."

"But I just got here."

"I've had this flight planned for a month now, Cameron."

"I'm coming with you."

"How?"

"I'll find a way."

"Actually, Laila is coming home tomorrow and she has an extra ticket for today."

"Okay. I'll talk to her about it." I said.

As Kylie was being given extra information about the baby and "motherhood", I snuck outside and made a phone call.

"Laila?"

"Yeah, Cameron?"

"Are you using your plane ticket for the flight today?" I asked.

"No. Why?" She replied.

"Can I get it?" I asked quickly.

"Yeah. Why?"

None of them knew yet.

"Tell you when we get back to the hotel." I said, hanging up.

I swiped my credit card and grabbed Kylie's arm and went back to my car.

Back at the hotel

^^^^^^^^^^^

We walked into a room that held almost everybody in the original crew. Even Nash and Hayes were here. They knew something bad had happened. I walked over to Nash and hugged him.

It felt good seeing almost everyone in the same room again. Everyone but Taylor.

Matthew and Laila were "sharing" a chair. Matthew probably just wanted her on him. Their love was so strong.

Smiling faces everywhere. The second the words would roll off my tongue would change everything. My reputation as a boyfriend. Kylie's reputation as a girlfriend. Everyone's point of view would change after this. Only Taylor knew. And he wasn't here in the room to announce it.

He wouldn't be in the emergency room, holding Kylie's hand, soothing her, telling her "You're almost there." He wouldn't be there to hold his child for the first time. Look into their eyes and have a love incomparable to any feeling of joy before. To hear his child say "daddy" and give his child a kiss on the forehead every single day before they went to school.

He wouldn't even be there to teach his son to throw a baseball, or teach his daughter how to draw. To give his child advice on anything that they ever cared for. He wouldn't be able to show his child love. Because he would even SEE his child.

No. Not Taylor.

But me. I'd be a dad.

I would be there to hold Kylie's hand.

And that's when I felt no shame whatsoever in saying what I would be saying in a few seconds.

No. Not at ALL. No shame at all.

Because I love Kylie.

"We have gathered you here today to tell you something that will change our lives forever." Kylie gently squeezed my hand. "Kylie's pregnant."

And the room went silent.