Chapter 36

[Song inspiration: Stay by Miley Cyrus]

Kylie's POV

The long day was finally over. It was so stressful. I threw my bag down on my bedroom floor as Laila trailed behind me. I plopped down on my bed and sighed.

My phone lit up.

"Miss you babe." Taylor had sent.

A small smile appeared on my face, but quickly disappeared as I thought about Cameron.

I ran my hand through my hair and just wanted to curl up into a ball.

"What's wrong?" Laila asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"Something."

"Fine. I really like Taylor. I really, really do. But not like Cameron. I don't know. I feel like Taylor was just a hasty decision to get away from Cam." I told her.

"Then why are you with him?"

"To forget about Cameron. So I don't want to go back to Cameron. But I can't just forget about Cameron. It isn't working. And I will probably rarely see Cameron. He'll move on. Probably quickly." I said.

"Maybe you shouldn't. Forget about him, that is. It's clear you still have feelings for him." Laila said.

Maybe that was true. I guess I just didn't want to admit it.

"I feel like I can't trust any guy after Cory. I don't know." I said.

"Fuck Cory." Laila said.

"Never." I said, laughing.

"Not like that you little nasty!" Laila said playfully hitting me.

"But seriously. Cameron made me feel... free. Happy. With Taylor, I don't." I said.

"Seems like you know what you want to do." Laila said.

But I didn't. I don't think I ever will.

[2 weeks later]

Cameron's POV

I couldn't get my mind off Kylie. It had been almost a month since I've seen her. I couldn't forget about her.

Nash, Carter, and I were at the mobli house in California and we were staying there for a few days.

She had a Magcon event tomorrow and I wish I was able to be there with her. I logged onto twitter and went to her account. She had a bunch of indirect tweets, most likely to me.

"No longer playing your twisted game. You already knew you would win."

"Haha. And I thought you were different."

"Trying to lead me on again."

I had to know if those were to me. I'm pretty sure she blocked my number, but she didn't unfollow me on twitter.

I opened my dm box and asked her if they were directed towards me. She probably wouldn't reply.

Finally Nash broke the silence.

"Have you guys heard of a girl named Madison Beer before?" Nash asked, not looking up from his room.

"Uh... I don't think so." I said.

"Name rings a bell. One sec..." Carter said pulling something on his phone.

"Yeah. Justin Bieber always like tweets and instagrams about her." He said.