14. Mom

When Sunday morning rolls around I realize that weekends are actually my least favorite part of the week. I knew that Lucas was busy with his mom but there was such a large, selfish part of me that missed him and wanted to see him. I climb out of bed and pad across my floor, moving towards my window. I look out to the yard and sigh. Not waking up to the sight of my boyfriend was quite disappointing. My phone blares from my nightstand and I lunge towards it. Farkle's contact name flashes across my screen. I take a deep breath and answer the phone. "Hi" I smile brightly.

"Hey Riles" he replies calmly. "How's Texas?" he asks curiously. I think back to last night and a smile pulls at my lips.

"It's pretty amazing" I admit happily.

"Yea? So I take it the football game was fun" he trails off. I nod, taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"It was a lot of fun" I reply honestly. "Lucas is a really good teacher" I add as my heart skips a beat.

"Awesome" he replies unenthusiastically. "So, what are you up to today?" he asks curiously as a knock sounds on my door.

"Princess" Lucas smirks causing me to drop my phone.

"Babe" I exclaim in shock as a blush rises on my cheeks.

"You busy?" he asks curiously as I pick up my phone.

"Just a sec" I raise a finger at him as I bring my phone back to my ear. "Hey um Farkle."

"You gotta go?" he guesses. I sigh.

"Kinda."

"It's fine Riley. Call me when you're done with prince charming." He hangs up before I can reply.

"Everything okay?" Lucas asks worriedly as I stand up, dropping my phone onto the bed.

"I'm sorry" I sigh. "I guess I thought keeping a long distance friendship would be easier than it's proven to be" I admit as I wander over to him. "Babe what are you doing here?" I ask confused.

He smirks with a shrug. "Get dressed and meet me downstairs sweetheart."

"Lucas-."

"You trust me?"

"Yes" I nod causing a smile to pull at his lips.

"Good. Get dressed and meet me downstairs" he repeats before disappearing. I smile to myself as I walk over to my closet and pull it open. I pull on a pair of jeans and a white blouse before slipping into a pair of cowboy boots. I throw my hair up and skip down the steps.

"I'm going out" I shout over my shoulder.

"And where do you think you're going?" my dad questions, taking me by surprise.

"Dad" I smile brightly. It was good to see him out of bed. "I was just heading out with Lucas."

"Lucas?" he questions as my mom strolls into the room.

"Cory she's just going to chruch with Lucas and his mom" she explains making my heart skip a beat. Lucas and his mom. I was meeting his mom!

"Yea" I smile brightly. "Daddy I gotta go" I add as I lean forward to kiss his cheek. "See you guys later" I shout as I dash out the door seeing Lucas leaning against his truck.

"You look beautiful princess" he compliments sweetly.

"Thank you" I reply happily. "So" I smirk, playing dumb. "What are we doing today?"

"It's a surprise but how do you feel about coming to church with me again?"

"I'd love to" I reply genuinely. He smiles before moving to hold open my door and helping me climb up. He goes around the other side and slides into the seat beside me before starting up the truck. His hand finds mine as country music plays softly in the background. "Does Maya ever come to church?"