27. Dresses

The week passes slower than I ever thought imaginable. By the time Friday comes along I'm more than ready to relax for a couple of days.

I pull a purple sweater over my head to pair with my pair of white jeans and black booties before combing out my hair and letting it fall around my shoulders.

"Damn" Lucas murmurs, walking into the room with a pair of jeans hanging deliciously low on his hips and towel drying his hair. "You look a little too good to just be going to school princess" he adds causing a blush to rise on my cheeks.

"Thanks...I think" I scrunch my nose making him chuckle as he reaches for his shirt on the floor. "Maya should be here any minute to pick me up."

He nods. "Any idea when your dad will be back from Philly?" he asks curiously, taking a seat on my bed as he pulls on his shoes.

"Um mom said maybe Sunday" I reply, piercing a pair of earrings through my ears.

My dad was up in Philadelphia visiting my grandparents and my Aunt Morgan who had just welcomed a bouncing baby boy only a few days ago. I tried not to cry when I found out his middle name was August.

"That's good. Your mom will probably like having him back."

"Mhm" I hum, flitting around my room and grabbing my things. A horn blares from outside and I sigh as I grab my backpack and rush towards my boyfriend. "I love you. See you later?"

"Yea" he nods as we pull apart. "And I love you too" he adds making my heart swell as I back away and spin on my heels, rushing down the steps.

I shout a quick goodbye to my mother and run towards Maya's car, hopping inside and shooting her a bright smile. "Morning" I chirp as I pull my seatbelt on.

"Morning sunshine" she chuckles as she puts the car in reverse and pulls out of my driveway. "You seem to be in good spirits today. Fun night?" she asks with a smirk, wiggling her eyebrows. I roll my eyes, shaking my head.

"Nope. We just slept" I add making her snicker as she shakes her head at me.

"Honey I would never under any circumstances date Lucas Friar but if he wanted to roll around in the hay for one night" she shrugs making my lips part in shock.

"What?" I gape.

"What?" she giggles, glancing over at me. "Don't act so innocent and don't act so weird. I'm dating your uncle and I happen to like him quite a bit so relax; I'm not gonna jump Huckleberry."

I release the tension in my body that I didn't realize I'd been holding and let out a deep breath. "Sorry" I apologize. "I know you'd never-it's just that when I met you I sorta thought you were his girlfriend" I confess causing her eyes to widen.

"You thought that I was dating Huckleberry?" she laughs. "Oh god" she shakes her head. "Riles trust me, I may think he's attractive but he's all yours."

I blush, biting my lip to conceal my growing smile. All mine.

A few months ago no one would've been able to convince me that I'd be head over heels in love with a cowboy or trust someone as wholly as I trust Maya but it was the reality if my life now and I wouldn't change a single thing about my life since moving here.

Maya pulls up to the school and puts the car in park while turning to look at me. "So, I was thinking that instead of me driving you home later that we could go dress shopping. The formal will he here before we know it and we need to get our dresses before there are none left to choose from" she explains.

I had honestly never thought so deeply about buying a dress for a dance but I suppose getting your dress early had it's benefits. I just hated that dress shopping was going to cut into my time with Lucas.