21. Skipping

The morning after my huge blow-up with my dad I can't get out of the house fast enough. I grab an apple and head out to the barn finding my boyfriend brushing the horses and a smile pulls at my lips.

"Morning."

"Hey" he smiles softly. "I'm surprised your dad even let you out" he chuckles.

"He doesn't own me" I argue. "Even if we weren't dating we would still be friends and friends hang out."

"Do they?" he smiles. "How are you this morning princess?" he asks as I take a seat on a hay bale.

"Okay" I shrug as I take a bite of my apple. "I'm just annoyed. I love my dad but he can't keep me from dating. I'm a senior in high school."

"I don't know if dating is the problem" he argues as he moves to stand in front of me. I part my legs and wrap them around his torso. "I think it's that I'm being paid to work here yet I spend some of that time kissing his daughter."

"You haven't yet today" I remind him making him chuckle as he reaches up and leaves a long, lingering kiss on my lips.

"Do you have a ride today?" he asks as we pull apart. I nod.

"Maya is coming to get me. She even volunteered" I explain making him chuckle.

"I wonder why" he replies sarcastically. "She's gonna be your aunt."

I scrunch my nose and shake my head. "Please don't say that" I insist making him chuckle.

"Alright princess. We'll discuss it at the wedding."

"I hate you" I laugh as I push him playfully.

"Yea?" he smirks. "Too bad cause I love you" he smiles as he leans into kiss me again. I wrap my arms around his neck as I kiss him deeper before pulling back.

"I should go. I'll see you after school."

"Not today sweetheart" he sighs. "It's Tuesday" he reminds me.

My face falls but I nod in understanding. "Kay" I smile softly. "But I'll see you tomorrow right?"

"Of course sweetheart" he replies sweetly as tires hit the gravel signaling Maya's arrival. "You should go. Your dad will kill me if I make you late."

"Okay" I sigh. "See you tomorrow. And don't forget to talk to your mom about Thanksgiving."

"I won't" he assures me. "Have a good day."

I smile, leaning up to leave one last lingering kiss on his lips before turning towards Maya's car.

"There you are" she exclaims. "Is your uncle here?"

I roll my eyes as I move to the passenger side door and climb in. "Your obsession with my uncle is disturbing."

"How? He's hot."

I scrunch my nose, shaking my head. "No he's not" I insist making her chuckle as we start to pull out of the driveway.

"Yea well you're biased" she chuckles. "But really" she pauses, "does he like have a girlfriend?" she asks, biting her lip in suspense.

I laugh, shaking my head. "You both are ridiculous. He's single and very interested" I assure her. "But he's not in town forever Maya" I remind her.

"I know" she waves off. "I'm not looking for anything serious anyway" she shrugs though I don't believe her in the least. "But you really think he's interested?"

~ 💟 ~

FARKLEY: So Josh is in town. How is that going?