30. Lies

Do you remember when you were a kid and you would spend hours writing your Christmas list? You'd gather all the ads from your favorite stores like Target and Toys R Us (may the store rest in peace) and you'd circle all the toys that you knew you had no chance in hell of getting?

Yea? Me too.

Now, I'm sitting in my room trying to come up with something to ask for this year that wouldn't break the bank.

"Princess is your list done yet?" my mom asks as she pokes her head into my room. I sigh as I spin around in my seat to face her.

"What about a pair of cowboy boots" I suggest. My mother tries hard to hide her facial expressions and furthermore her answer to a question she knows will disappoint me...unfortunately she hasn't perfected the skill yet.

"Nevermind" I murmur as I turn around and return to my search.

"Just keep looking. You'll find something" she says in an attempt to encourage me. I nod as she walks off down the hallway, leaving me alone again.

I sigh and trail my eyes out to the yard where my boyfriend was currently taking bales of hay out of the bed of his truck. I bring my bottom lip between my teeth as I watch him. By some grace of God he had chosen to take his shirt off so I had a pretty good show from up here...a show that was riling me up.

I push back my chair and rush out of my room, skipping down the steps and running out to the yard. "Hey cowboy" I shout out to him.

He beams as he turns his gaze onto me. "Hey beautiful" he greets me as he reaches up and wipes the sweat from his forehead.

"Are you busy?" I ask making him chuckle as he looks towards his full truck bed.

"No not all" he replies sarcastically. "What do you need sweetheart?" he asks as he walks towards me.

"Hm" I hum. "A couple things actually."

"Oh yea?" he asks, quirking an eyebrow at me. "Like what?"

"A ride to the mall and" I trail off. "You need to shower."

"You need me to shower" he laughs questioningly. "How is that helping you?"

"Who said I was letting you shower alone" I smirk. He returns my mischievous smile and pulls me towards him.

"Is your dad home?"

I laugh. "Would I be out here seducing you if he were?"

"Point taken" he concedes. "Let's go."

~ 💟 ~

I hug my towel tighter around my body as I wander across my bedroom floor towards my dresser. I pull open the top drawer and grab the birth control pills my mom had taken me to get and pop today's pill into my mouth before washing it down with some water.

I hear the hair dryer running in the bathroom and chuckle as I reach down to grab a pair of panties. My boyfriend cared more about his hair than I did.

"Riley" my dad knocks and my eyes widen. Shit.

I quickly run towards thr bathroom and pull the hair dryer plug. "He-." I cut Lucas off by pressing my hand against his lips.

I put a finger to my own lips to signal that he should be quiet and he nods in understanding before I remove my hand and push him further into the bathroom.

I turn on my heels and walk over to my door. "Uh hey dad" I answer awkwardly.

"Oh sorry princess. I didn't realize you were getting dressed. This will only take a second, Lucas is on the clock and I can't find him. Did he say something to you about walking off somewhere?"