16. Friendiversary

Halloween was always my favorite holiday. It was a day I could dress as a princess and remember the day I found my best friend. Of course as you get older things change. Like I no longer want to go house to house getting candy from strangers while wearing an over the top glittery princess costume. Now all I want to do is get dressed up in a pair of Daisy Dukes and a crop top and go to a party with my boyfriend.

I'm sitting in front of my laptop waiting for Farkle's name to light up so we can have our planned "date" before I go to the party. We had planned on seven his time which would give me at least an hour before Maya came to pick me up at eight.

I glance at the clock agaik, seeing it glowing back at me mockingly. 6:21.

"Ugh" I groan as I push back amd stand up, heading over to my closet. I grab a black, fringe crop top before walking over to my dresser. I pull out a strapless bra and begin getting undressed. I'm in the middle of hooking my bra when a knock on my window startles me. I look up to find Lucas standing on the other side. I laugh as I make my way over to the window and throw it open.

"I thought Maya was picking me up."

"She is" he shrugs. "Well us" he adds. "My mom is having a good night. I figured I'd take advantage and come see my girl a little early." My heart flutters as I smile down at him.

"You're sweet. Let me finish gett-." My words are cut off by the ringing of my Skype. "Oh can you get that? I wanna finish getting dressed."

"Yea" he smiles as he slides into the seat. He clicks the answer as I pull my top on. Farkle's face fills the screen, a wide smile on his face before he sees Lucas.

"Where's Riley?" he questions as I grab a pair of shorts. I laugh as I walk up behind my boyfriend.

"Sorry Farkle. I'm getting dressed. Just talk to Lucas for a sec while I finish getting ready."

"Ready?" Farkle questions. "Where are you going?"

"A party" Lucas shrugs. "Just a group of idiots getting together to make some questionable life decisions."

"None of which I'll be partaking in" I shout as I shimmy out of my pajama pants before slipping into my shorts. I head back to my room and over to my computer. "Babe scoot" I insist.

"Why? My lap uncomfortable" I roll my eyes, placing my hands on my hips.

"Up" I insist. He sighs but gets up nonetheless. "Sorry" I smile apologetically as Lucas moves to my bed.

"We did have a date tonight right?" Farkle asks bluntly causing my eyebrows to furrow in confusion.

"Of course we did. You're the one who was late" I reply, trying to keep my cool but failing immensely.

"And you're the one who barely has time for me anymore." I gape at him.

"That's not fair. I made time for this. This was important to me."

"Is that why your boyfriend is there?" he demands.

"Woah" Lucas says, standing up and moving towards me. "I showed up. She didn't invite me over to crash your date."

"She didn't ask you to leave either" Farkle snips. I sigh, shaking my head.

"I'm sorry Farkle. Things are" I take a deep breath, "things are different now."

"Different how? Different like we can't be friends anymore?"

"That's not what I mean" I insist, shaking my head. "But back in New York after Auggie-."

"Um Riles" he exclaims, cutting me off. I look at him confused.

"What?"

His eyes widen, locking behind me and my heart sinks. "YOU TOLD HIM?" he exclaims angrily, bringing his gaze back to rest on me. "You've known him what? Two months. And you're already telling him your biggest secret. The whole reason you moved was so that no one knew."

"Lucas is different" I reply weakly. He shakes his head in disbelief.

"I'm done Riles. Have fun at your party and enjoy your new life."

"Farkle-."

"Happy friendiversary" he snips before disconnecting the call. I collapse into my chair and take a shaky breath.

"I think you should go without me" I whisper, tears threatening to fall down my face.

"Sweetheart" Lucas sighs, spinning my chair so I'm forced to look at him. "That wasn't fair. He doesn't get to be mad at you for making a new life here. You've moved on and that hurts him but you didn't do anything wrong."

"He's so mad. He's never been mad at me like this" I admit weakly.

"I know" he nods, wiping my tears. "But it'll be okay. He'll forgive you. It's what friends do and if he doesn't then that's his loss."

I raise my gaze to lock on his and sigh. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Good thing you'll never have to find out" he smiles, caressing my cheek. "Let's go to the party. Have some fun and forget about the drama for a while."

"Can I have a drink?" I ask making him laugh as he nods.

"Just one" he smiles as he stands up and holds his hand out to me. "Ready?"

"Ready" I smile, grabbing his hand.