The Memories Are Flooding Me

Ian's POV---

Waking up with Nina in my arms was everything. I knew I missed her but until I had her in my arms, I didn't realize how much.

She was, without a doubt, the peace that I had been craving. And having it right now, when I needed it the most, was the best feeling.

When I woke up there was 40+ missed calls, 60+ text messages and 30+ voicemails on my phone. And all of them but a few were from Nikki. And I didn't have the energy in me to fight with her. I didn't even want to hear her voice right now.
So I went through to look at the ones from people other than her.

I had already spoke to my lawyer. And told him what I was expecting. I wanted these divorce papers drawn up and I wanted them done now. I wanted this to be over. I wanted to move on and get on with my life. I needed this to be done.

I returned the few emails that were from others and the couple texts that I had. And then I noticed one from Paul. I had been wondering if she had called him to see if I was with him. She probably didn't remember that him and Phoebe were going on vacation.

Paul- Hey brother. We got to the resort safe. Pheebs is doing a spa day to relax. And I'm just relaxing at the hotel. Call me when you get up and settled.

Me- Hello brother... I just got your text. Wanna FaceTime?
Paul- Sure. I'm just sitting on the balcony, drinking a beer...
Me- Ok. Give me 1 minute.

I went upstairs into the master bedroom and sat on the couch in the room. I pulled my phone out and called Paul so we could FaceTime.

I knew as soon as he realized where I was at he'd have questions. Ad I would have some answers for him. I was going to tell him everything anyways. He's my best friend.

FaceTime with Paul...

Me- Hello brother...

Paul- Hey bro. How ya doing?

Me-I could be better. How are you? How was the flight?

Paul- It was good. I slept most of the way. And Pheebs did too. Now it's a relaxing day.

He went quite for a minute. And I knew the look on his face. And I knew the question that was coming.

Paul- Ian are you in Atlanta? At the condo?
I took a deep breath preparing myself to answer.
Me- Yes and yes. I am.
Paul- Why Ian? Why are you there? What are you doing?
Me- It's a long story brother.
I sighed.
Paul- Well I have nothing but time. What's up? What's going on?

Me- Well long story short... I had a feeling something was going on. Well while Nikki was in the shower 2 days ago I went through her phone.

I stopped myself. I wanted to tell Paul what was going on. I needed him to know. But it was still so hard. It was hard to say the words.

Paul- Ian what happened?

Me- And I found out that... That the baby she's carrying isn't mine. It's her ex-husband Paul's. She cheated.

The look on his face was, as I imagine, the same look I had on mine.

Paul- Ian are you kidding? You're joking right now. Right?

Me- No buddy I'm not. It was all there in her phone. And when I confronted her about it she couldn't deny it. She couldn't do anything but tell me the truth.

Paul- What the fuck Ian. I'm so sorry man. What happened? What did she say? Are you ok?

Paul asked question after question.