It's All Out There Now

Ian's Pov-

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what I said. Can we please talk?" Kat said as she stood in the doorway to the kitchen. All of us were staring at her as the tears rolled down her cheek.

What the fuck is she doing here? What makes her think she can just do this to Nina? And me?! Kept running through my mind.

Oh God. This is not gonna be good. This isn't gonna be pretty at all. Also ran through my mind.

It was like someone pressed pause. We all just stood there, frozen. None of us really knew what to say. I think we were all kinda trying to figure out what we wanted to say. How we wanted to handle this.
Because the things she said about Nina were completely out of line. We couldn't just let it go. Especially not Nina and I. She was beyond disrespectful for absolutely no reason.

I didn't know how this was gonna play out. But I knew it could get really ugly, really quick. The girls wouldn't come to physical blows. But they were fiercely overprotective of one another. And they could and would say some really hurtful shit when one of them is being hurt. And as bad as I didn't want it to come to that. I also can't just forget what she said about my love. And neither could they.

"Can we please talk? I need to talk to guys. And I need... I need to apologise. Please?" Kat broke the awkward silence that we were all in the middle of. Which was weird because the group has never experienced that before. Not together.

Nina looked up at me and then back at Kat. I could see the shock and hurt in her eyes. And it pissed me off and broke my heart all at the same time. I've always protected her or at least tried my hardest to protect her. And I didn't in this situation.

"Please. Neens can we please talk? Give me a chance. Please?" Kat said.
Nina looked back up at me and then over at Candice and Phoebe.
They were just waiting for her next move. I could tell they were just waiting on her to decide how they were going to handle this situation.

She calmly let go of my hand and walked out away. She walked out onto the back porch with Kat calling her name and begging to talk to her.

"Ian please, I really want to apologise and tell you guys something. Please?" Kat said as I turned and walked away, outside to be with Nina.

There was no way I was going to stand there and listen to whatever Kat had to say without Nina. And if she wasn't ready to hear it or ready to talk to her, then I wasn't either.

"Baby are you ok? I had no idea at all she was gonna show up. I would've told you, you know that right?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around Nina.
She wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head on my chest, looking out towards the pool and backyard. I held her close to me so she'd know I was right there to comfort her.

"I know you would've babe. I just don't get why she's here. It's like as soon as we take two steps towards our future and our happiness something happens and we get knocked back three steps. And I feel like that's what she's doing." Nina said.
I didn't even need to see her face to know she had tears falling from her beautiful brown eyes. I could hear it in her voice.

"Baby no one is going to ruin our happiness. No one. We're not taking steps backwards. I promise. I won't let that happen. And neither will they." I said. I could see out of the corner of my eyes that Candice was saying something to Kat. And it was heated. Phoebe and Kayla were standing right next to her.