You Are Supposed To Be Here

Nina's Pov--

After we finished eating and cleaned up we sat around and talked. Edna and Rob (as I called him) had told Ian that he didn't have to talk about it any more tonight after dinner. That they'd talk more tomorrow, after he'd gotten some rest and they had a chance to process everything. Ian agreed, he didn't really want to talk about it either. He was so tired after that long drive.

"Nina darling, how have you been? And I mean really been? It's been so long since we've gotten a chance to really talk to you." Edna said and Robert agreed.

"I've been ok. Well as good as could be expected. I've been enjoying my down time. Planning a trip with Paul, Phoebe, Candice and Joe. And Kat." I smiled at them.

"That's great. We miss you guys. Since the shows ended you guys never seem to be in the same place at once." She said. And I completely understood what she was saying. I had been feeling the same way.

"Well mom you'll be happy to know that Paul and Phoebe will be here when they get back this week from vacation. And Michael will be out too. I plan on calling Candice to come out too. So I can tell them all together. Well Michael and Candy. Paul and Phoebe already know." Ian said. And I was just as surprised as she was.

"Paul and Pheebs are coming? Why didn't you tell me? When was this decided?" I looked at Ian. I was so happy that they were coming and that he was inviting Candice out too. He knows I need my girl time. Especially now. After this weekend.

"When you were sleeping on the drive here. Paul called me on FaceTime and told me they wanted to come out. I told him we'd be here. They come home in 2 days. We planned on staying the whole week anyways. Plus we could use this. Right?" Ian said.

"You're right baby. We could use this. You need to see the boys anyways." I smiled at him.

"And you need to see the girls. We can go to the lake too. You've always loved the lake. But I promise we'll have some time alone baby." Ian leaned in and kissed me.
I loved the feeling of his lips against mine. And I loved the fact that he said we'd have time alone and was calling me baby. But I pulled away. I didn't feel right kissing him in front of his parents. Not yet. They were probably thinking it was to soon.
I pulled away and just smiled at Ian.

"You think of everything. I'm gonna go grab some more tea." I said standing up.

I went into the kitchen and took a deep breath.
I got the tea out and poured some into my glass. I don't know why I was so nervous when I heard Edna coming into the kitchen. I think I was nervous about what she was going to say.

"Nina sweetie are you ok? What's wrong?" She asked me with a worried look on her face. I was really expecting a look of anger or disappointment. I was half expecting her to give me some type of "talk" about everything.

"Umm. Yeah... Yeah.. I'm fine." I stammered to tell her.

"Nina honey I can tell what's on your mind. At least some of it. But I promise you, this isn't that kind of talk. I just wanted to make sure you were ok because of the way you left out of the living room after Ian kissed you."

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have let it happen. We just get carried away with one another. We just kinda get lost in each other and forget about everything going on." I told her with my head down.