Let's Forget It

Ian's Pov-

We got outside and decided we were going to look over the menu and order our food before we got in the pool.

Nina was sitting in my lap with her back pressed against my chest and my head was resting on her shoulder.
Paul and Phoebe were looking at the menu.
I had my arms wrapped around Nina's waist and our fingers were intertwined.
We had the music on through the speakers and I was singing Bruno Mars- Just The Way You Are in her ear.
I used to always sing to her. Even though I couldn't sing at all. But she loved it.

Nina's phone was in her lap and it kept lighting up. We both looked down and seen it was a private number.

"I'm not answering it. Someone's been calling private all day. But not saying anything when I answer." She said.

"Do you want me to answer it?" I asked her. She smiled

"If you want to babe. I just know I'm not." She said handing me the phone.

I swiped the screen and put it on speaker.

"Hello, Nina's phone." I said and she laughed.

Silence on the other end.

"Hello. Are you going to say anything? Or are you just going to sit on the phone?" I said.

Silence again.

"Someone's being a creep for real." Paul said and we all laughed.

"Look if you're not gonna speak up stop calling. You're being weird and we don't have time for it. It's family time right now. So we won't be answering again. Have a good life." I said and hung up.

"Thank you baby." Nina leaned back and kissed me.

"Any time baby. Besides I'm pretty sure we know who it is. And that's on me." I said kissing her cheek.

"No. It's not on you. It's on her. Not you baby. Don't say it is." She said.

"I knew you'd say that. But it is. She's calling and playing on your phone. And saying all these things about you because I choose you. And because I left. It's on me baby. And I'm fine with taking responsibility for it." I said.

Nina put her head down and was quite for a minute.
She got up and turned around and looked at me. I just put my head down. I couldn't look at her knowing I was the cause of the repeated pain that the love of my life felt.

"Hey." Nina said. She was trying to get me to look up at her. I kept my head down.

"Ian, baby please look at me." She said, running her fingers through my hair.
She put her fingers under my chin and gently pulled my head up.
When my eyes met hers she gave me a small smile.

She bent down and put her hand on my cheek.
Looking me in my eyes for a second before she spoke.

"This isn't on you. This isn't your fault. None of it. Not what she did. Nothing she's said. Her playing on our phones. None of it is on you." She said and paused.