The Day After

Nina's POV---

I woke up in the arms of the man I've loved for as long as I can remember. Feeling better than I've felt in a long time. The love we made last night still fresh in my head. I took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of the gorgeous man laying next me. Our bodies still tangled together from the previous night.

I lightly kissed Ian and got out of the bed. I didn't want to wake him. He looked so peaceful and comfortable. I got up and went into the bathroom. I shut the door and started the shower. Be quite so I wouldn't wake him up.

I took a quick shower and decided to just throw on the ISF t-shirt Ian had on last night and a pair of short pajama shorts. I brushed my teeth and hair and went downstairs. I went into the kitchen and started coffee. I knew Ian would want some when he woke up and I wanted some while I made us some breakfast.

I took out the turkey bacon, eggs and milk. I grabbed the pancake mix, pans and bowls. I decided I'd also cut up some fresh fruit for us. So I got out some strawberries, bananas, cantaloupe and kiwi. We both loved fresh fruit especially in the mornings.

I started our breakfast and was just about done when I heard the shower stop. I knew Ian was awake and getting ready to come downstairs with me. I set the table and finished up the pancakes and bacon.

Just as I was setting the plates of food on the table Ian walked into the kitchen. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Good morning beautiful." He smiled and kissed me.

"Good morning handsome. How'd you sleep?" I asked after kissing him again.

"Great. How'd you sleep babe?"

"Like a baby" I smiled up at him.

"Me too. This food smells amazing." He said as he looked over my shoulder at the food on the table.

"Well lets sit and eat. I figured you'd be hungry when you got up. I was starving."

"I'm definitely hungry." He gave me that little grin that always made me blush.

We sat down cross from each other and made out plates.

"So. Umm. My lawyer called me. That's what woke me up."

"Oh." Was all I managed to get out. It was like there was a lump in my throat.

"He said he has my divorce papers all drawn up and ready for me to sign. He wants to bring them by today so I can go over them and make sure everything in is order." He said. His eyes never leaving mine. I could tell he was trying to see what I was thinking. And I was trying to hide it. I was happy. But I was also sad.

I was happy that the man I love was going to be able to be mine again. But I was sad because I knew this was causing him pain. That this whole situation has been causing him pain. And that caused me pain. I hated that he was hurting and I couldn't fix it. I didn't want him to ever feel any pain. And I definitely didn't want him to feel this kind of pain.

"Oh. Ok. Well I can leave and go to café or something. So you guys can talk." I said, looking down at my plate. Playing with my food.

"No. I want you to stay here. Please." He said. Reaching across the table to take my hand in his.

"Ok. I'll stay for you." We both smiled at each other.

We ate the rest of our breakfast making small talk. When we were both finished I stated to clean up.