The New Beginning

Ian's POV-

I don't know why I was feeling so nervous. I hadn't been this nervous since well our first date...

I guess in a way this was like our first date. This was like our do-over. And I was going to do everything I can to make this right again.

The condo was just the way we had left it. Neither of us wanted to take our pictures down. Honestly I don't think either of us could bring ourselves to do it.

I had everything set up. But I wanted to double check. I decided to set out the pots and pans I knew I'd be using for tonight.

Once that was done it was just a waiting game. There was nothing else for me to do. I had everything set up and had showered. Now I just had to sit and wait for my Neens to come home to me.

Just the thought of that made me happier than I had been in months.

Nina's POV-

I was in such a hurry to get home to Ian... And the fact that I knew he'd be there waiting for me made me so happy. The kind of happy I had been missing.

I was so nervous though. I felt like this was our first date. And I guess in a way it was. And I was determined to make it amazing. I was determined to make it work this time. Because he's all I wanted.

I had already gotten everything we needed. Now I just had to grab a few more things from Target and I could get home to him.

Just as I was reaching for the dish soap my phone started to ring. I knew who it was. I knew Paul was calling because of the ringtone.

Me- Hey Paul. How's the vacation going? I asked. Not knowing he'd already talked to Ian.

Paul- Hey Nina. It's going ok. Pheebs is at the spa getting a massage. And I'm just sitting here on the balcony drinking a beer. How are you though? Are you ok?

I was thinking "ok he hasn't talked to Ian yet"

Me- I'm ok. I left L.A. I had to get away and clear my head. Ya know?

Paul- Yeah. I get that. So where'd you go?

Me- Um Atlanta...

Paul- So how's it going with Ian? Is it weird?

Damn it. He did talk to him.

Me- So you talked to him? Were you just gonna wait and see if I said anything? I laughed. Just because I knew that's what he was gonna do.