Second First Date

Nina's Pov-

Ian and I are in the car on our way to this "surprise date" Ian planned for us. And I must admit I'm nervous as hell.

Ian is driving and we're still holding each other's hand. Neither of us wanting to let go. It's just like when were dating.

I'm so nervous about this date. Ian still won't tell me anything about what we're doing or where we're going.
But I'm also excited. Because I know whatever we're doing or wherever we're going I'll enjoy it. And I know for a fact I'll be safe. Ian would never let anything happen to me.

But I'm also driving myself crazy trying to figure out what we're doing. We've been in the car for and 15 minutes already. And for the life of me I can't figure it out.

"Ian can you please tell me where we're going? Or at least tell me what you have planned?" I asked looking over at him.

"Nina it's a surprise. I'm not telling you. Just sit back enjoy it babe." He said, bringing our hands up and kissing mine.

"Please. At least give me a hint. Just one hint and I won't ask you anything else. Pleeeease." I begged him.

We stopped at a light and Ian looked over at me. I stuck my bottom lip out and made puppy dog eyes at him. Hoping that it would work and he'd give me a hint.

"I'm sorry baby. But no. I'm not giving you any hints. Because you'll just keep asking more questions. It's a surprise. I'm not telling you anything."

"Ian please. I won't ask anything else. Just one tiny hint. Please baby."

"Nope. Not happening. No hints. I'm not telling you anything. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. We'll be there in about 15-20 minutes." He said with a smile on his face. Like he was taunting me.

"Ugh. Fine. Whatever Ian." I rolled my eyes smiling at him.

"I promise you'll love it baby. And I promise I'm going to make sure you're happy and have fun. And feel the love." He leaned over and kissed me before the light changed.

"Ok, find Ian. I'll just sit here and look at your handsome face."

He smiled over at me. And winked before driving off.

I sat quietly for about 2 minutes. Just looking at the scenery. And genuinely enjoying the ride.

"Baby." I said after a few minutes of quiet.

"Yes my love?" Ian said. I looked over at him.

"Thank you. Thank you for whatever you have planned for us. I have no doubt that I'll love it. I'm with you. So I already love it." I smiled at him.

"I really hope you love what I have planned. It's just for you. And tonight is all about you and us babe." He said.

"I love you Ian. More than you'll ever know." I said. And I meant every word of it.

"I love you too Nina. More than I could ever tell you." He said smiling. I pulled his hand up and kissed it.

God this man is perfect. I want him. All of him. I thought to myself as I sat in the passenger seat, holding the soft hand of the most gorgeous man I'd ever seen. He was perfect to me and for me. We were perfect for each other. And I planned on telling him that tonight. And I planned on proving that to him. Now and for the rest of our lives.

"Nina I have an awkward request now babe." Ian said breaking the comfortable silence we had been riding in.

"Umm.... Ok. What is it?" I asked hesitantly. Not sure of what he was going to ask.

"I need you to put this blindfold on love. I promise it won't be long." He said pulling it out of the center console.
I looked at him like he was crazy. Because he was.

"Ian I'm not putting that on." I told him laughing.

"Babe please? I promise it'll only be for about 4 minutes. Pleeeeas." He begged me.

"Fine Ian. Put it on." I said giving in. We were stopped at a red light and j had no idea where we were at.
I turned in my set so he could tie the blindfold around my head to cover my eyes.

As if my nerves weren't going crazy enough. This definitely wasn't helping things.

"You're fine baby. I promise we're almost there." Ian said kissing my neck. It was almost like he could sense that I was nervous. God I loved that.

"You promise?" I asked.

"I promise. You can't see right?" Ian asked.

"No Ian. I can't see anything. There's a blindfold around my head." I said laughing. He laughed with me. And even though I couldn't see his face. I could picture his beautiful smile. And that made me smile more.

I could feel the car slowing down. And I could feel us pull in somewhere. And the nerves were definitely kicking into overdrive.

When we came to a stop and Ian shut the car off I wanted to pull the blindfold so bad.

"Don't you dare take that blindfold off Nina." Ian said reading my mind. I giggled.

I heard Ian get out of the car and I heard him open my door.
He grabbed my hand softly.

"Come on my love." Ian said softly helping me out of the car. He kissed me lightly on the lips and held my hand.

Ian was telling me where and when to step. Helping guide me to wherever he was taking me.

I thought I heard his keys but I wasn't sure because I could hear cars in the distance too.

"Are you ready my love?" Ian asked taking my hand again.

"I don't really have a choice, do I?" We both laughed.

"Yes my love I'm ready. Let's go."

He told me to step up one more time.

I did as he asked and I could hear music playing softly in the background.

Ian stepped closer to me and I could feel his body press against mine. I could feel his hands come up to my face to remove the blindfold.

He was kissing my neck and cheeks softly.

"Tonight is all about you and I. I love you baby." Ian whispered.

"I love you too baby." I said ass Ian removed the cover from my eyes.

And my heart stopped.