I Promise, I'm Sure

Ian's POV---

I was so excited that Nina agreed to go to my parents with me. I didn't want to go by myself. And I knew they'd be so happy to see her. It'd soften the blow a little. It'd make it a little easier when I tell them that the aby Nikki was carrying wasn't mine and that we were getting a divorce.

I don't think the divorce news will be to hard on the. But the news about the baby would be. No matter how they felt about Nikki, they knew how excited I was about this baby. And how much I wanted to start a family of my own. And they we excited to have another grandbaby.

I let my lawyer and we went into the living room to sit and look over the divorce papers. I wasn't nervous like I thought I'd be. I was just ready for it to be done. This pain was to much. I never thought I'd be in this situation. And the fact that I was, was to much to handle. I loved Nikki. She helped me through a really hard time in my life. And I never thought she'd do this. But then again how well do you really know someone no matter how long you've been together.

Apart of me was mad at myself. Mad that I didn't listen to everyone in my life when they told me to wait. They knew I should have. And I should have listened. I should have listened to my parents and my best friend Paul. They kept telling and I just kept brushing it off.

Now I was angry. Angry that I was going through. Angry that it was happening. And I was angry that I had hurt the one person I loved most in the world, for no reason. I was angry that I had hurt Nina for no reason. I remember vividly the conversation I had with Paul about Nikki and I getting married. I remember him telling me that Nina just cried and cried when they told her. I was hurt that she was hurting. And now I was angry at myself for hurting my love for no reason.

I sat across from my lawyer and watched as he pulled the papers and a notepad out of his briefcase. As I waited for him to get everything together I head Nina coming down the stairs. I looked up and smiled as I heard her ask from the doorway if we wanted anything to drink.

"I'll take some sweet tea, if you have any. If not just a bottle of water." Mark, my lawyer answered her with a smile.

"We do have sweet tea. Would you like lemon?" Nina asked with a smile.

"No ma'am. Just the tea is fine." He said with a warm smile.

"I'll have the same, babe." I said smiling at the love of my life. She gave me a look of shock and just smiled.

"Coming right up." She smiled and headed into the kitchen.

"Ok so I drew up the papers exactly how you said. Except one thing. There was one piece of property that you forgot but there isn't going to be a problem with it really because it's in your name." Mark said as Nina came back in with our drinks.

She handed Mark and I our drinks. Mark looked up and gave Nina a warm smile.

"Thank you Nina."

"You're welcome. I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything." Nina smiled at me.

"Will you stay in her with me, please?" I asked her.

She smiled and nodded, sitting down next to me.

"It's nice to see you again, by the way." Mark told her taking a drink of his sweet tea.

"You too Mark."

"Ok lets get this started."

"As I said there was one property you forgot abut when we talked. The property in Louisiana. But there won't be a problem with it. It's in your name alone. Right?" Mark asked looking at his notes.