You Know Me!!

Ian's Pov-

After my dad, Paul and I moved most of the tables and chairs out of the shed we decided to take a little break and have a beer.

After going in and grabbing them we sat on the back patio just talking and having some boy time.

"So Ian honestly how are you doing?" Paul asked.

"Honestly. I'm doing ok brother. I mean I have my moments of anger. And I have those moments where I'm down and sad. But in all honesty, for the most part, I'm really good." I answered him.
He looked over at my dad as if he was trying to confirm what I had just told him.

"He's telling the truth. He hasn't been real depressed which is a good thing. But we all know it's because of  my baby bird." He said, talking about Nina.

"I have to agree 100%. I know I wouldn't be able to get through this without her. That woman is truly my saving grace. It surprised me but then again it didn't, ya know?" I said to them.

"I don't doubt it at all. Honestly I don't. What surprised you though?" Paul asked. Him and my dad ready to listen intently to what I was saying.

"It just surprised me that after all these years apart and everything that's went down. After everything we've been through. That she was still there to help me. That she was willing to listen to how I was feeling ablut everything. She listened to me talk about Nikki and our marriage. And even have me advise on how to go back and fix shit. Even though she's still in love with me. She was still giving me advice. And just being a friend. That had to have been hard on her. I couldn't imagine being in her position. I don't know if I would've been able to do it. But she was." I told them. And I was being honest. I don't know if I would've been able to sit and listen to Nina talk about another man. It would've killed me. But she did it. She was there for me in a way that I know broke her. But she pushed through it. And way willing to help in any way she could.

"I get being surprised by that. But at the same time I don't. You know she's loved you from the start. And she might've been hurt by everything that happened. But she never stopped loving you Ian. Even when her heart was breaking that girl still put on a smile and wished you nothing but the best. And happiness. She's always loved you. So of course she was there when you needed her." Paul said.
And I knew he was right. I knew everything he said was true.
Just as I was about to respond my phone went off.

I knew it was Nina from the text tone.
I told them to hang on and pulled my phone out.

My Always 🔐🤞- Babe I told Phoebe about us moving here. So you can tell Paul whenever you want.
And did you change you name in my phone?

Me- Ok babe. I'm gonna tell him now then. It's been hard keeping it from him.
And yes I did. Mine shows up in your phone "My Forever 🔐🤞" and yours in my phone is "My Always🔐🤞"

My Always 🔐🤞- It's adorable baby. I love it. Love you. Be home in about an hour.

Me- Love you too baby. Can't wait😘😘

————————————————

"I know you're absolutely right Paul. About all of it. And I swear I'll never do anything to jeopardize that love again. Not to change the subject. But I got something I gotta tell you." I said taking a deep breath.