The Memories In The Box

Nina's POV--

The dinner Ian made for us was perfect. And the bath was absolutely perfect. I loved every second of it. He did everything just the way I liked it. And I loved that he remembered it all.

I stopped at my flowers, breathing them in again. And smiling.

"Nina how many times are you going to smell those flowers babe? The smell isn't going to change." Ian laughed.

"I know that silly. I just love them. And they're perfect." I smiled at him. And it was the truth. I loved them. Besides the fact they were my favorite flowers. They were from him.

"Come on crazy girl. Let's get our snacks." He smiled and held out his hand.

I just smiled and grabbed his hand to walk into the kitchen. I swear every time we touch I get a tingling feeling. I missed this man so much.

We were in the kitchen getting our snacks. And just like earlier when we were cooking and cleaning up, we were so in sync with one another. We always have been. It's like we hadn't skipped a beat.

"Do you know what movies you want to watch? I figured we could probably watch 2 maybe 1 and a half before we start to get sleepy." Ian said while he was putting the spray butter and salt on our popcorn.

"I don't know. I was thinking we could The Choice. It's a chick flick but it's amazing. And then we could watch The Night Before. It's really funny. But it's up to you." I told him.

"We can watch both of those. You know I don't have a problem watching chick flicks with you." He smirked. My God his smirk. It always made me smile and tingle.

"Ok. I'm gonna go grab the movies. You grab the popcorn and chips. I have the cookies and pop."

"Ok. Meet you at the stairs." He smiled.

"I'll meet you at the stairs babe." I smiled at him. He winked and blew me a kiss.

I went into the living room to grab the movies and gather myself. I was so nervous.

The dinner went perfectly. And the bath did too. We shared an amazing moment together. And I was riding a high from it. And now I knew I had to show him the memory box. I knew it needed to be done.

I was just damn nervous about doing it.

Chill out Nina. This man loves you. He's told you he loves you. And never stopped. Just like you've never stopped loving him. Everything is going to be fine. You'll be fine. He's the one for you. Just take a deep breath and remember the love you share. I thought to myself.