twenty eight

I quickly turned my head to see quite a muscular man on top of Emily trying to undress her. It broke my heart. He had clearly heard me kick down the door and he turned around grinning, showing his disturbing brown teeth. He pulled out a knife and walked closer to me. I had nothing to protect myself, I quickly glanced around the room, and in the corner of my eye I saw a plate, it had some left over food on it, clearly what she ate for lunch. I leaned over and picked it up. who knew smashing plates would one day come in handy. I picked it up, and before he could do anything I smashed it across his head, casing him to fall to the floor. someone had clearly called the police as I saw 2 armed men walk in. I ran over to Emily who had tears running down he face. She seemed relieved to see me, but also frightened for both of our lives.
Logan; hey, you're safe now.
I put my arms around her.
The police grabbed the man and took the knife.
Police; if it's okay, could we take you both to the station for questioning.
Logan; I would, but I don't think either of us are in the right state to do so now. Could we come by tomorrow?
The two men said something to each other before nodding in agreement.