Chapter Nine|| Nightmares

{Aurora's POV}

I screamed as he struck me from the side. My hip throbbed with pain.

"Please stop." I sobbed out.

"Aurora... such a weak name." He seethed kicking me once more and I cried out as my vision blurred yet again.

"Get up!" Brett—the man I thought I loved—yelled staring at me angrily.

"Im sorry." I croaked out as I met his gaze.

He let out a long sigh. "Did you cheat?" He asked once again and just like the other times I shook my head.

"No! I promise." I said and he walked over grabbing me by the arm and jerking me to my feet. I winced as he did so. When I looked into his eyes they showed no emotion.

"That's not what I heard." He replied and raised his hand. My wolf felt angry and before I knew it anger burst through me grabbing his hand mid-air. I twisted it backwards grabbing his other along the way as he howled in pain.

My knee hit his back causing him to drop to his knees. "We're done." I snarled pressing my knee farther into his back pulling on his arms towards me.

"I-im sorry! Im sorry!" He called out and I dropped an arm grabbing his shoulder and twisted his arm back hearing a satisfying crack.

"Don't even underestimate a woman. We may be smaller than most men, but we're full of fire." I said throwing him forwards and grabbed my car keys off the kitchen counter heading for the front door.

"Ill find you! I'll kill you! You hear m-" I shut the door quickly and never looked back.

I gasped sitting up in the bed. Sweat coated my forehead from the nightmare. It had been awhile since i've had that one. I shook my head and looked to the clock beside me. It was seven in the morning.

After Jackson and I got home from the lake, it was late. He showed me a guest bedroom and I showered and went straight to bed. It was the best sleep I had gotten in a long time—nightmare or not.

"Might as well get up." I mumbled and yawned doing so.

I pulled on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt since it was a little chilly and headed out into the hall only to hear yelling.

"Im just saying. I don't know what went wrong!" I heard and turned confused looking at the two huge mahogany doors of Jackson's office.

"Well if you would stop blabbering I could tell you!" I heard Jackson's voice say.

I raised my hand knocking.

"Come in." Jackson said and I did so.

I walked in cocking an eyebrow.

"What's with the yelling?" I asked and Jackson sighed.

"Im sorry, did we wake you?" He asked and I shook my head. "I was already up." I replied and he motioned me in and I shut the door behind me.

I looked to a guy that was no older than maybe twenty five or so.

"We had an investment and something went wrong. He was just about to tell me." Jackson said and I looked to the man.

"I don't honestly know... it was with returns for older investors and something with revenue was what the PI said." I deadpanned at the guy. Is he stupid?

"It's a Ponzi scheme." both Jackson and I said at the same time. We made eye contact and Jackson smirked.

"What?" The man asked.